- Two Rwandans have been reportedly shot dead by the police for allegedly defying the lockdown orders imposed by the government to curb coronavirus spread
- A spokesman of the police, John Bosco Kabera, claimed the two men were shot for an alleged attempted tussle with officers
- The Rwandan government has imposed a two-week lockdown with 40 confirmed Covid-19 cases
Rwandan police shot and killed two people who refused to obey the lockdown orders imposed by the government to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
According to Bloomberg, the spokesman of Rwanda National Police, John Bosco Kabera, said on Wednesday, March 25, that the two men who were in their twenties “attempted to tussle with officers”.
Rwanda began a two-week lockdown on Sunday, March 22, restricting travel between towns and cities and asking people to stay indoors.
The East African nation has 40 confirmed Covid-19 cases.
Meanwhile, the Lagos state government has declared that it did not give directive on a total lockdown of the state.
This was disclosed by the commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso.
He said the attention of the government had been drawn to news reports that Lagos was on lockdown. This followed Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s update on the steps taken to curtail the spread of coronavirus.
According to Omotoso, the impression created by such reports was erroneous. He said the state was not on lockdown, in spite of the stringent measures introduced by the government.
Going further, he disclosed that the governor only urged the private sector establishments to introduce measures that would support the government’s efforts at curtailing the spread of COVID-19.
He added that the governor only suggested that banks should enhance their online banking services to enable their customers to have transactions without visiting banking halls.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
In another related report, a Nigerian lady, on Monday, March 23, shared a video detailing the moment a bus conductor in Lagos sanitised every passenger in the vehicle using an alcoholic drink.
The bus conductor, whose name was not revealed, was also heard partially trying to enlighten the members about coronavirus that is now spreading across Nigeria with Lagos being the most hit.
Deborah Pelumi Ayodeji, who tweeted the experience, said: "On the streets of Lagos #COVIDー19.
"So I boarded a bus this morning. Before I entered the bus the driver and conductor said I must sanitize my hand before I enter. I told them I already have. But basically watch what happened..."
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better