Ever since making her debut in film at the age of 12, Jodhi May has risen to become one of the most successful actresses from Britain. Apart from acting, she also works as a director and writer.
Is Jodhi May married? Does she have children? There is more to tell about the talented actress who is known for her role in A World Apart (1988) and The Witcher (2019).
- Full name: Jodhi Tania May
- Birthday: May 8, 1975
- Age: 44
- Birth sign: Taurus
- Birth place: London, England
- Nationality: British
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches
- Weight: 58 kg
- Profession: Actress, director, writer
The gorgeous actress was born on May 8, 1975, in London, England. Her mother, Jocelyn Hakim, is an art teacher of French-Turkish Jewish descent, while her father was a German.
The actress studied at Camden School for Girls before joining Wadham College, Oxford University, from 1994 to 1997, where she graduated with Masters in English.
How tall is she?
The 44-year-old actress stands at 5 feet 8 inches tall. She weighs 58 kg and has a slim body with light brown hair that adds to her beauty. Her eye colour is hazel. Her body measurements are 34-26-36 inches, while her bra size is 34B.
Jodhi May movies and TV shows
The stunning actress started acting at the age of 12 when she featured in the drama film A World Apart (1988) as Molly Roth. Her exceptional performance in the film earned her the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival in 1988. She shared the award with her co-stars Barbara Hershey and Linda Mvusi. Jodhi May remains the youngest recipient of the prize.
In 1990, she featured in Max and Helen as Miriam Weiss, The Gift as Sonia Parsons, and Eminent Domain as Ewa. She is well known for her role in The Last of the Mohicans (1992), as Alice Munro. She also featured in Game of Thrones season 5, released in 2015.
What was Jodhi May Game of Thrones role? The actress portrayed Maggy the Frog, a fortune teller from Lannisport who dealt in cures and love potions. She also featured in The Witcher (2019) as Queen Calanthe of Cintra. Here are other notable Jodhi May movies and series and her role in each of them.
- For the Greater Good (1991) – Rose Kellner
- Sister My Sister (1994) – Lea
- The Scarlet Letter (1995) – Pearl
- The Woodlanders (1997) – Marty South
- Daniel Deronda (2002) – Mirah Lapidoth
- Friends & Crocodiles (2005) – Lizzie Thomas
- Nightwatching (2007) – Geertje
- Einstein and Eddington (2008) – Elsa Einstein
- Blood and Oil (2010) – Claire Unwin
- The Scapegoat (2012) – Blanche
- Ice Cream Girls (2013) –Poppy Carlisle
- Crossing Lines (2015) – Evelyn St. Clair
- A Quiet Passion (2016) – Susan Gilbert
- Let Me Go (2017) – Beth
- Moving On (2018) – Rachel
- Gentleman Jack (2019) – Vere Hobart
The celebrity actress has featured in over 60 movies and TV shows. She has also worked in theatres, performing in several plays, including Far Away, Blackbird, Polar Bears, The Seagull, and many more.
The British actress has made quite a lot of money in her career, after spending over three decades in the film industry. Her estimated net worth is $75 million.
Jodhi May husband
Who is Jodhi May dating? When it comes to relationship matters, there is little to talk about regarding the celebrity. Unlike other actors and actresses who publicly reveal their love stories, Jodhi May prefers keeping her relationship matters private.
There is no information about Jodhi May boyfriend or children.
Here are other details about the British star.
- She was born Jodhi Tania Edwards but her name was legally changed.
- She is secretive and prefers to live a private lifestyle.
- Her mother paid £50 to marry artist-designer Malcolm McLaren in a Lewisham register office in 1972. They, however, got divorced.
- Her name got misspelled in the credits of the 1990 movie Eminent Domain, as Johdi May.
- The gorgeous actress owned her first television in 2006 after playwright Stephen Poliakoff convinced her to buy one so that she could watch Friends and Crocodiles (2005).
- Unlike other celebrity actors and actresses, the 44-year-old is not active on social media.
Jodhi May is a true inspiration to many people in life. Her hard work and dedication throughout her career are lessons worth borrowing.
Source: Legit.ng News