Buhari to Nigerians: I won't make the mistake of third term

Buhari to Nigerians: I won't make the mistake of third term

- President Buhari has denied reports that he is planning to seek second term

- The president said he would not make such mistake

- Meanwhile, Buhari said history will not be fair to APC if the party collapses after his second term

Following speculations about his future, President Muhammadu Buhari has denied reports that he is planning to seek a third term.

The president disclosed this on Friday, November 22, at a meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.

Specifically, the president said he would not make the mistake of attempting a third term. Going further, the president enumerated reasons why he would not seek another term, The Cable reports.

“Beside the age, I swore by the holy book that I would go by the constitution and the constitution said two terms. I know that I’m in my last term and I can afford to be reckless because I’m not going to ask for anybody’s vote,” the president was quoted to have said.

BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo, governors, party leaders attend APC's NEC meeting (photos)

Meanwhile, Buhari called on APC leaders to ensure they remain politically relevant and dominate in their constituencies because history will not be kind to them all if the party collapses after the current administration.

He however said history will be fair to the party if it remains strong.

Recall that Legit.ng had earlier reported that Buhari and his vice, Yemi Osinbajo attended NEC meeting of the APC at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

The APC's NEC meeting was also attended by state governors, some members of the National Assembly delegates of the party’s executive wing.

Also recall that Legit.ng reported that Aliyu Aziz, the director-general of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), was given presidential nod to head the commission for a second term.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Dino Melaye moves to get Kogi election cancelled, presents 21 video clips as evidence to INEC (photo)

A statement by Abdulhamid Umar, the general manager, Operations and Corporate Communications, on Friday, November 22, said Buhari has approved Aziz's re-appointment.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Buhari's successor is not a pastor, he's inside Aso Rock - Prophetess| Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel