The actress passed away in 1993 but many movie and fashion lovers will attest that Audrey Hepburn quotes are still relatable and inspiring. Her style has inspired and influenced many beautiful red carpet looks today, and her words of wisdom motivate people in life.
Audrey was more than just a pretty face. Born as Audrey Kathleen Ruston in Belgium on 4th May 1929, she starred in the Broadway production of Gigi. Ten years later she went on to play her biggest role to date as Holly Golightly in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. Quotes by Audrey Hepburn are derived from her movie roles, interviews and life experiences.
Best quotes Audrey Hepburn
- I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.
- Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Laugh truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never forget anything that made you smile
The above three are among the top quotes from Audrey Hepburn. She did not let anything put her down. She always chose happiness and love and always worked hard at anything she put her mind to. She did not believe in impossibilities.
- There is a shade of red for every woman.
- I do not take my life seriously, but I do take what I do - in my life - seriously
- Paris is always a good idea.
- If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.
- I do not want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
- My life is not theories and formulae. It is part instinct, part common sense. Logic is as good a word as any, and I have absorbed what logic I have from everything and everyone… from my mother, from training as a ballet dancer, from Vogue magazine, from the laws of life and health and nature
Audrey Hepburn beauty quotes
Some of the famous Audrey Hepburn quotes on beauty are;
- The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
- The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode. The true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone
- True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring and that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years
- Elegance is the only beauty that never fades. A woman can be beautiful as well as intellectual.
- Sex appeal is something that you feel deep down inside. There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I do not need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
- Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it does not help if you are ugly on the inside.
- There are more important things than outward appearance. No amount of makeup can cover an ugly personality.
Audrey Hepburn love quotes
- Your heart just breaks, that is all. But you can not judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.
- We all want to be loved, don’t we? Everyone looks for a way of finding love. It’s a constant search for affection in every walk of life.
- When the chips are down, you are alone, and loneliness can be terrifying. Fortunately, I have always had a chum I could call. And I love to be alone. It does not bother me one bit. I’m my own company.
- Whatever a man might do, whatever misery or heartache your children might give you - and they give you a lot - however much your parents irritate you - it does not matter because you love them.
- They say love is the best investment; the more you give, the more you get in return.
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
- I'm against violence. In my opinion, there is too much shooting in the world and not enough love. - From the movie Love In The Afternoon
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give which is everything.
- I was born with an enormous need for affection and a terrible need to give it.
- If I get married, I want to be very married.
Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany's quotes
- People do not belong to people
- I will tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I would marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?
- Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.
- You must not give your heart to a wild thing. The more you do, the stronger they get, until they are strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. And then to a higher tree and then to the sky.
- You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels.
Audrey Hepburn movie quotes
- I have to leave you now. I'm going to that corner there and turn. You must stay in the car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me as I leave you. - Roman Holiday
- I love you. More than all you know. I love you more than children. More than fields I've planted with my hands. I love you more than morning prayers or peace or food to eat. I love you more than sunlight, more than flesh or joy, or one more day. I love you... more than God. - Robin and Marian
- Marriage license, did you say marriage license? Oh, I love you Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is. I hope we have a lot of boys and we can name them all after you! - Charade
- Actually, depravity can be terribly boring if you don't smoke or drink. - Paris When It Sizzles
- When I finally say I love you to any man and really mean it, it will be like a defeated general who's lost all his troops, surrendering and handing his sword to the enemy. - War and Peace
- The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. -My Fair Lady
- Oh, but Paris is not for changing planes, it is... it is for changing your outlook, for... for throwing open the windows and letting in... letting in la vie en rose. - Sabrina
Audrey Hepburn inspirational quotes
- To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
- I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally. I have never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.
- Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I do not want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future
- I have been lucky. Opportunities do not often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
- Good things are not supposed to just fall into your lap. God is very generous but He expects you to do your part first.
Have you been inspired by these Audrey Hepburn quotes? Do you believe that people in your life would be inspired by them? Share these quotes with them and hopefully, they will be moved by her words.