People consider music to be a massive part of everyday life, which is true. It can help us through the hard times, heal our heartbreaks, and add a unique atmosphere to our life events. Songs contain beautiful lyrics, unforgettable melodies, and personal memories attached to each one of them. These music quotes will remind you how important and enjoyable life is.
A lot of famous music quotes perfectly sum up the importance of this form of art in our lives. Almost every singer and songwriter has something to say about it, and some of them express really wise opinions. These quotes about music, singing, and artistic life will help you discover the deeper meaning of it, and perhaps have a good laugh at the funniest ones.
Short music quotes
- "Music is like a dream. One that I cannot hear." – Ludwig van Beethoven
Comparing melodious tunes to dreams is a beautiful and poetic metaphor.
- "The only truth is music." – Jack Kerouac
Sometimes you find the important life truth in the tune or lyrics of your favourite song.
- "Where words fail, music speaks." – Hans Christian Andersen
There is no surprise that some people play to their loved ones to better express their deepest feelings.
- "Every life has a soundtrack." – Jodi Picoult
Have you ever thought about a soundtrack to your life? It is quite exciting to ponder about it and compile a playlist that would best describe you.
- "Music in the soul can be heard by the universe." – Lao Tzu
Artistic spirits are in harmony with their surroundings, and it feels like their soul is singing. Such people are often quite easy to spot.
- "Music is the strongest form of magic." – Marilyn Manson
Who said magic did not exist? Sometimes regular everyday things can be magical, like your favourite tunes.
- "Close your eyes. Listen. Nothing's missing." – Maxime Lagacé
You can always hear the melodies of life if you listen close enough.
- "If I cannot fly, let me sing." – Stephen Sondheim
When you sing, you can sense freedom filling your body and soul.
- "He who sings frightens away his ills." – Miguel de Cervantes
Some people believe that singing is a healing power.
- "The pause is as important as the note." – Truman Fisher
This is one of the most popular quotes on music that have a lot of meaning, depending on how you perceive it. You always need to know when to stop.
Funny music quotes
- "If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know." – Louis Armstrong
Louis Armstrong jokes that jazz is such a vivid compilation of sounds that you can never explain it.
- "I've always thought people would find a lot more pleasure in their routines if they burst into song at significant moments." –John Barrowman
In John Barrowman's opinion, life should be more like a musical.
- "I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same." – Angus Young (AC/DC)
Certain bands have a similar sound on every album, and they are not afraid to make fun of themselves for it.
- "There are two kinds of artists left: those who endorse Pepsi and those who simply won't." – Annie Lennox
Annie Lennox pokes fun at those artists who make money from Pepsi endorsements.
- "When I was a little boy, I told my dad, "When I grow up, I want to be a musician." My dad said: "You can't do both, Son." – Chet Atkins
Many singers are still children at heart.
- "Competitions are for horses, not artists." – Bela Bartok
Bela Bartok reinforces an important truth: artists should not compete with each other to determine who is better because everyone's inner world and creative expression are different.
- "I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch." – George Burns
A lot of people enjoy singing, but not everyone has a gorgeous voice that would blow others away. Many amateur performers recognise this and make harmless fun of themselves.
- "A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion but doesn't." – Tom Waits
Basically, a gentleman can do a lot of things but is humble about his talents.
- "Life can't be all bad when for ten dollars you can buy all the Beethoven sonatas and listen to them for ten years." – William F. Buckley, Jr.
Little things, like the ability to listen to your favourite tunes, should definitely be appreciated.
- "To get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder." – Keith Moon
The drummers have a great opportunity not only to express their feeling of rhythm but also release their stress through furiously hitting those drums.
Inspirational music quotes
- "A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." – Chinese proverb
None of the popular tracks has an answer to everything, yet all of them have a compelling story.
- "A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul, and make you feel good." – Colbie Caillat
Have you ever noticed how your favourite melody makes you feel good? This means that the creators put a lot of soul into it.
- "Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." – Steve Maraboli
This quote reminds us of how important it is to value even the smallest life moments that make us happy.
- "When you play, never mind who listens to you." – Robert Schumann
True artists create because they have something to say, and not because they want to impress the public.
- "Tell me what you listen to, and I'll tell you who you are." – Tiffanie DeBartolo
Quite often, our playlist can say a lot about ourselves and our inner world.
- "I've always felt music is the only way to give an instantaneous moment the feel of slow motion. To romanticise it and glorify it and give it a soundtrack and a rhythm." – Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift thinks that the only way to capture the moment is by transforming it into a song.
- "If you want to make beautiful music, you must play the black and the white notes together." – Richard M. Nixon
An important thing to remember is how we are all diverse, which is a beautiful thing. Richard M. Nixon creates a wonderful analogy as he compares people's ethnic backgrounds to music notes.
- "Life, he realised, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is a mystery, in the end, there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile." – Nicholas Sparks
If you think about it, life is much like a melodious song, with all the emotions and feelings concentrated in the middle.
- "Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances." – Maya Angelou
Look around you, and you will see at least a few things that are moving in a rhythmic way. In Maya Angelou's opinion, everything around us has its own unique dance.
- "The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with — nothing brings it all to life like an old mixtape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mixtape tells a story. Put them together, and they can add up to the story of a life." – Rob Sheffield
Memories flood back sometimes when you play an old, forgotten melody. This is why deep down, we attach them to the particular moments in our lives.
Some music quotes and sayings can be really deep and thoughtful. When they are said by someone who considers this form of art their entire way of life, it is especially visible how much it means to them.