Private guard companies recruit over 4.2million people in 6 years - NBS
Business & Economy section is provided to you by Jiji.ng — #1 Nigerian online marketplace
Visit website

Private guard companies recruit over 4.2million people in 6 years - NBS

- The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has released the employment data in the private security guards sector from 2013 to 2018

- The NBS data shows that not less than 4,293,175 were employed within the said period

- The data also indicates that employment in the private security sector improved in 2018

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) says that private security guards companies employed no fewer than 4,293,175 people in Nigeria from 2013 to 2018.

The NBS made the disclosure in its Private Security Guards Data from 2013 to 2018 posted on its website on Monday, February 4.

The bureau, based in Abuja explained that the guards were employed by 1, 110 registered private guard companies in the years under review.

READ ALSO: Witches endorse Atiku after several meetings on Obudu mountain and Zuma rock

Private guard companies recruit over 4.2million people in 6 years - NBS

The NBS data shows that there was an increase in employment in the sector in 2018, compared with previous years as the sector recorded 828,505 employments during the year. Credit: NBS
Source: UGC

The NBS stated that there was an increase in employment in the sector in 2018, compared with previous years as the sector recorded 828,505 employments during the year.

The report showed that 791,210 people were employed by 1,058 registered private guard companies in 2017 while 771,478 were employed by 964 registered private guard companies in 2016.

In addition, the report showed that 772,401 people were employed in 2015 by 902 companies, while 601, 528 were employed by 859 companies and 578,056 employed by 802 companies in 2013.

According to the report, out of the 828,502 employed, 616,000 or 74 per cent are male while the remaining 212,502 or 26% are female.

The bureau stated that the categories of employees by qualification showed that 2,004 had post graduate qualifications with an average of N65, 000 as basic remuneration.

The report stated further that 234,996 were graduates with N55,000 as remuneration while 591,451 others had OND, SSCE among others, with N25,000 as remuneration.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the data was supplied administratively by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and verified and validated by NBS.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the federal government said on Thursday, November 8, 2018, that the increasing number of unemployed youths in the country posed a great threat to the nation’s security and socioeconomic development.

NAN reports that Olusade Adesola, the permanent secretary, Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, said this at a multi-stakeholder meeting on the ‘Nigerian youth employment action plan and global initiative on decent jobs for youths’ in Abuja.

The report said the programme was organised by the Sports Enterprise and Promotion Department of the Ministry, in collaboration with the International Labour Organisation (ILO).

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

I have never had to look for a job in my life | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel