3 people reportedly feared dead in fresh Kaduna attack

3 people reportedly feared dead in fresh Kaduna attack

- Unknown gunmen have reportedly attacked Gwong Chiefdom of Jema’a local government area of Kaduna state

-Peter Averik, chairman of the local government, who confirmed the development, said about three people were killed in the attack

- Averik said security personnel had since been drafted to the affected community adding that the government would continue to ensure safety of lives and property

No fewer than three people were reportedly feared dead during an attack by unidentified gunmen on Sunday night, January 13, between Asso and Tanda bridge in Gwong Chiefdom of Jema’a local government area of Kaduna state.

Peter Averik, chairman of the local government, who confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday, January 14, said the attack took place around 7:30 pm when unidentified gun men opened fire on innocent persons who were walking along the Asso and Tanda bridge.

Averik said: “I was told the gun men, who seemed to be advancing, opened fire on the pedestrians over fear that they may be exposed.

READ ALSO: Hundreds of lawyers, journalists await CJN Onnoghen arrival at CCT (photos)

“One person died on the spot while two others who sustained injury were rushed to Fadan Kagoma Hospital where one of them died this morning following the magnitude of injury sustained.”

Averik further confirmed that the third victim’s corpse was found earlier on Monday in a bush path at Wazo village before Aso.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

He said arrangement had been concluded to convey the injured persons to Barau Diko Specialist Hospital in Kaduna, following referral from Sir Patrick Memorial Hospital, Kafanchan.

The chairman said security personnel had since been drafted to the affected community adding that the government would continue to ensure safety of lives and property.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that some unknown gunmen have reportedly attacked Katura village in Kajuru local government area of the Kaduna killing four people and injuring three others, the Nigeria Police Force command in the state said on Monday, December 31.

The report, however, quoted a source as saying the seven people sustained injury and were currently receiving treatment.

The command’s spokesperson, DSP Yakubu Sabo, confirmed the attack saying the police received a distress call at about 2:45am and immediately mobilised to the affected community on the instruction of the commissioner, Ahmed Abdurahman.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Nigerian Air Force vows to apprehend Badeh's killers | Legit TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel