- The 1181st Forward Support Company is a firm that gives transportation, maintenance and logistics support to the the 1st Battalion and the 181st Infantry Regiment
- The firm traces its origin to the end of the Revolutionary War when it operated as the 5th company of the 8th Regiment of Massachusetts Militia
- With time, it also operated in the era of the Spanish–American war, Mexican Border Campaign, World War I and World War II
The 1181st Forward Support Company is the firm for the 1st Battalion, 181st Infantry Regiment. Among the support it provides for the battalion operations are transportation, maintenance and logistics. In the national guard, companies sometimes have two histories.
The firms have in common the history of the regiment to which they are assigned. However, the companies also have a peculiar industrial history and lineage. For instance, the 1181st FSC has the similar history with the 181st infantry regiment.
The company tracks its history to the end of the Revolutionary War during which it was first mustered as the 5th company of the 8th Regiment of Massachusetts Militia. It described action in the Civil War as part of the 15th Massachusetts Infantry.
Later, it operated in the era of the Spanish–American war, Mexican Border Campaign, World War I and World War II
FSC was first conceived and set up during the late revolutionary war as the 5th company, 8th Regiment of Mass. Militia.
It served in the Civil War with the 15th Mass. Infantry. In June 1864, the regiment was brought into the United States (US) service under Major Charles Devens, Jr. It was mustered out in July 1864 in Worcester, MA.
FSC was mobilized for service in the War with Spain on 13 May 1898. The company served in the US and was mustered out of service in January 1899.
The land forces of the Massachusetts Volunteer Militia were redesignated as the Massachusetts National Guard on in November 1907.
In June 1916 the company was sent to the Mexican Border as part of the 5th Mass. Infantry. The 5th Mass. served on the Mexican Border at El Paso, Texas.
In August 1917, the company was mobilized as an element of the 101st supply train, which was a part of the 26th division at Camp Bartlett, Massachusetts. In France the FSC served in all of campaigns of the Yankee division
The unit was demobilized 29 April 1919 at Camp Devens, Massachusetts. FSC was reorganized in March 1920, at Fitchburg, Massachusetts and reorganized 1 September 1920 as the 1st Supply Train.
The unit was reorganized and redesignated 30 September 1921 as the 26th Division Train. The unit was reorganized and redesignated 26 May 1936 as Company C, 101st Quartermaster Regiment, an element of the 26th Division.
The company was mobilized in January 1941 for one year of training with the Yankee Division. The year of training ended in December 1941 but the company's service continued after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor brought the United States into the Second World War.
The 101st quartermaster Regiment reorganized 12 February 1942 as follows: the majority of company C 2nd battalion was reorganized and redesignated as c company of the 114th quartermaster Battalion and remained assigned to the 26th infantry division.
The remainder of company c was relieved from assignment to 26th infantry division along with the 101st quartermaster BN and transferred to the Pacific theater of operations.
Company C, 101st quartermaster battalion was reorganized and redesignated 10 April 1943 as the 125th quartermaster company and assigned to the Americal Division, inactivated in December 1945 at Seattle, Washington.
The 114th quartermaster battalion was reorganized and redesignated as the 26th Quartermaster Company, an element of the 26th Infantry Division; inactivated 3 January 1946 at camp Patrick Henry, Virginia.
The 26th and 125th quartermaster companies were consolidated, reorganized and redesignated 21 January 1947 as the 26th quartermaster company Framingham, Massachusetts, an element of the 26th Infantry Division. The firm operated throughout the Cold War.
The unit was reorganized and redesignated in March 1988 as company B, 726th Support Battalion. It was reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1992 as company B, 114th support battalion.
The unit was reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1996 as headquarters and headquarters detachment, 101st Quartermaster Battalion and consolidated with headquarters and Headquarters company, 26th Infantry division support command, redesignated as the 126th support battalion in February 2007.
It was redesignated in 2007 as the 1181st forward support company and assigned in direct support to the 1st battalion 181st Infantry regiment.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Nigeria celebrated its independence from Great Britain in 1960, however, the history of Nigerian army began nearly a century before this. The first local force was formed by Sir John Hawley Glover almost 100 years before the set date.
In 1863, he chose several native Africans who used to be slaves grouping them into so-called Glover Hausas.
Sir John was a respected person in Nigeria. He was the officer of the Royal Navy, and, however, he was a military man, he disregarded many rules while serving as the governor of Lagos Colony.
Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | Legit.ng TV