- 21 persons have been reportedly killed in Boko Haram attack near Chibok
- The Chibok attracted world attention for the first time in April 2014 after the sect invaded the Government Girls Secondary School in the town, abducting about 275 students
- The survivors were said to have relocated
The Chibok axis in Borno state seems to be back under the radar of the terror sect, Boko Haram.
The Nation reports that the group has, in the last one week, killed 21 people in two separate attacks in villages close to Chibok, according to residents.
Legit.ng gathered that Chibok attracted world attention for the first time in April 2014 after the sect invaded the Government Girls Secondary School in the town, abducting about 275 students.
READ ALSO: Biafra: Nigeria Army drops bombshell, explains how military officers allegedly escaped IPOB/MASSOB ambush
Five of the girls managed to escape soon after the kidnapping, while 21 were first released after lengthy negotiations in October last year and another 82 last month.
The latest attacks on Kaya, 27 kilometres from Chibok occurred last Sunday and a village close to Gumsri last Wednesday.
The insurgents reportedly swooped on Kaya on the fateful day on motorcycles, bicycles and started firing at everyone in sight.
They burnt houses and killed those who were unable to run into the bush.
Legit.ng had earlier reported that two Chibok girls who escaped Sambisa forest in 2014 graduated from American school
The survivors have relocated. The second attack came 72 hours later when the terrorists attacked the next village close to Gumsri.
“As it is all the villagers in those communities have deserted, they have packed their belongings and come to Chibok. So many attacks and innocent lives have been lost in Damboa LGA but it is usually not reported,” online publication, The Cable, quoted a resident as saying.
“To us here in Chibok, we are living in fear because that it is the only place that has been like a roadblock to them coming to us. Some people that cannot withstand the situation are even moving to Maiduguri which is safe for them.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
On whether there are no soldiers on ground during the attacks, he said the soldiers around find it difficult to get to the place of the attacks “because of the far distance from where they are to the village.”
“Even with the presence of a brigade, the problem the security people are having here is that mostly, the communities attacked are under Damboa council but the soldiers are closer to Chibok,” he said.
Watch Legit.ng video of DSS handing over 82 rescued Chibok girls to FG for further psychotherapy treatment: