Breaking: Wike Speaks on What May Happen To Obi, Atiku, Sowore, Others, Announces 2027 Prediction

Breaking: Wike Speaks on What May Happen To Obi, Atiku, Sowore, Others, Announces 2027 Prediction

  • Minister Nyesom Wike said the 2027 general election is already concluded in favour of President Tinubu
  • Wike dismissed opposition figures including Peter Obi, Atiku Abubakar and Sowore as irrelevant to the 2027 contest
  • The FCT Minister revealed that PDP leaders met the previous night to reaffirm their backing for the President

Federal Capital Territory Minister Nyesom Wike has declared that the 2027 general election is effectively over before it begins, saying the opposition in Nigeria lacks the structure and strength to mount any serious challenge against President Bola Tinubu.

Wike made the remarks while speaking to journalists, dismissing well-known opposition figures including NDC Peter Obi, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, and Omoyele Sowore as political actors who are no longer capable of threatening the ruling administration.

Minister Nyesom Wike claims the 2027 general election is concluded in favour of President Tinubu.
Minister Nyesom Wike stated that the opposition lacks the structure to contest effectively. PDP leaders reaffirmed their support for President Tinubu last night. Photo credit: @atiku/PeterObi/Govwike
Source: Twitter

Wike on the opposition

The minister was blunt in his assessment of opposition parties, saying there is no credible opposition in Nigeria at present. He pointed to internal crises within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as evidence that the main opposition bloc had collapsed under its own weight.

Read also

Tinubu vs Atiku, Obi: Wike says 2027 election already concluded

"I don't know where my opposition will be now," Wike said.

He added that some figures had moved to smaller platforms such as the African Democratic Congress (ADC) simply to secure a ticket, rather than out of genuine political conviction.

He said any politician appearing on television claiming to have delegate support was only misleading themselves, insisting that delegates belong firmly to the President's camp.

Wike did not hold back on his intentions toward opposition figures, saying directly:

"I don't want them to feel well. My business is to make them not to feel well all the days because they were having high blood pressures. That is my job."

2027 prediction and PDP alignment

Wike said PDP leaders held a meeting the previous night to encourage one another and reaffirm support for President Tinubu, and that Nigerians should watch the coming weeks for further political developments.

Read also

Wike predicts broader political alliance for Tinubu in 2027 election

"The 2027 election will be the most easiest election," he said.

He added that those who had defected to smaller parties had attempted to harvest where they never planted.

He described the election as already concluded, saying there was nothing the opposition could do to change the outcome, and predicted that more political figures from across the country would publicly align with the President in the weeks ahead.

Wike's comments come amid growing political activity ahead of the 2027 polls, with several prominent Nigerians repositioning across party lines as the campaign season approaches.

Wike gives reasons he can't be Tinubu campaign DG

Previously, Legit.ng reported that FCT Minister Nyesom Wike ruled out heading President Bola Tinubu's 2027 presidential campaign, citing both his party status and a pattern of campaign directors-general who ended up losing their home states.

Wike spoke on Saturday, August 22, in Abuja after inspecting the Apo-Karshi and Kubwa-Bwari roads, shortly after the Presidency announced the composition of the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, with former Zamfara state Governor Senator Abdulaziz Yari named as director-general.

Source: Legit.ng

Authors:
Ezra Ukanwa avatar

Ezra Ukanwa (Politics and Current Affairs Editor) Ezra Ukanwa is a Reuters-certified journalist with over 5 years of professional experience. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication from Anchor University, Lagos. Currently, he is the Politics and Current Affairs Editor at Legit.ng. He previously worked as a senior correspondent at Vanguard Newspapers. Ezra was recognized as Best Campus Journalist at the Anchor University Communications Awards in 2019 and is also a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM). Contact him at: ezra.ukanwa@corp.legit.ng or +2349036989944