Jubilation as 15 Abducted Victims Escape From Bandits’ Hideout

Jubilation as 15 Abducted Victims Escape From Bandits’ Hideout

  • Some people who were recently kidnapped by bandits Isa local governemnt area of Sokoto state have been reunited with their families
  • Reports have emerged about how the victims escaped from the custody of bandits in the northern state
  • The Sokoto state police command spokesman, Sanusi Abubakar is yet to issue an official statement on the recent development

Isa, Sokoto - Emerging reports on Monday, December 13, indicates that fifteen people who were abducted by bandits Sokoto state have escaped from their abductors.

Channles TV reports that one of the victims, a technical official who had been kidnapped two weeks ago, works with a firm managing telecommunications mast in Isa local government area.

sokoto state governor
Not less than 15 people have escaped from their captors in Sokoto state. Photo credit: Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
Source: Facebook

The technical official was forcefully taken by armed men between Isa and Sabon Birni LGAs on his way to check a faulty telecommunication mass, according to a source close to the victim.

Read also

Strong APC governor says it's time for Nigerians to bear arms for self-defence

In another report by TVC News, Abubakar Yusuf, the chairman of Isa LGA also confirmed to reporters the escape of 14 other kidnapped people, saying the victims are receiving medical attention.

Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through info@corp.legit.ng!

Yusuf said 11 of the escaped victims were from Sokoto while the others Zamfara.

How the escape occurred

The victim was said to have tricked one of the kidnappers who was asked to guard him while other members of the gang went in search of other people to be kidnapped.

He noted that when he wanted to ease himself, the criminal removed chains and then he engaged his captor in a fight. He overpowered him and ran out of the den to a safe location within Isa town. He later found his way to a safe location.

Read also

Confusion as unknown gunmen kidnap mother of Yahaya Bello's chief of staff

It was gathered that the people escaped from a camp affiliated to kingpin, Bello Turji who is responsible for the series of attacks in Sokoto and parts of Zamfara state.

However, the spokesman for the Sokoto State Police Command, Sanusi Abubakar is yet to confirm the development.

Sokoto killings: President Buhari makes important promise, vows to flush out bandits

Legit.ng previously reported that Sokoto state has become the epicentre of kidnapping and banditry as terrorists have taken hold of some community

Residents in the state now live in fear following the recent killings that rocked the state and has generated concerns in the polity

In reaction, President Muhammdu Buhari has assured Nigerians that the federal government would do all it takes to flush out bandits and end their activities in the country.

30-year-old widow reveals how she watched helplessly as bandits burnt her mum, 4 kids to death

Read also

Five minutes operation: Gunmen break into Adamawa hospital, abduct medical doctor

Meanwhile, Shafa’atu, a 30-year-old widow has disclosed how she watched her mother, four children and other relatives burn to death during the attack on a commercial vehicle by bandits in Sokoto on Monday, December 6.

The woman was travelling to Kaduna with her children, mother, immediate younger brother, a niece and nephew, when they came under attack by bandits along Sabon Birni-Isa road.

Shafa’atu was at a hospital where she was recuperating from burns sustained from the attack.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel