- Nigerian Customs Service has said that it would release names of successful candidates on Friday, February 12
- This was disclosed on Thursday, February 11, by the NCS spokesperson, DC, Joseph Attah
- Attah said the delay in the recruitment process was caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has announced its readiness to release the names of successful candidates for final screening in the ongoing recruitment exercise.
Legit.ng reports that following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic early this year, the NCS recruitment exercise was suspended after the aptitude test.
In a statement issued on Thursday, February 11, and signed by the public relations officer of the NCS, DC, Joseph Attah, said that the delay had caused anxiety for the applicants, parents/guardians and indeed some members of the public who even went into overdrive with various allegations that tended to question the integrity of the exercise.
Attah said that the recruitment into NCS would remain strictly based on merit and principle of Federal Character, with every local government of the federation appropriately represented.
He added that since the service does not know when the ravaging COVID-19 would end, the management has decided to forge ahead with the exercise while strictly adhering to the protocols.
The public relations officer also noted that a total of 3,500 successful candidates have been shortlisted, adding that their names would be published in three (3) national dailies - Sun, Daily Trust and the Nation newspapers on Friday, February 12.
"In the interest of safety, the screening will be held on zonal basis with the dates staggered according to grade levels and time allotted to states. The whole idea is to get the recruitment exercise concluded without exposing the candidate to unnecessary risks."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the NCS disclosed that the results of the Computer Based Test (CBT) for employment into 3,200 positions within the service would be released in a few weeks.
It was reported that the spokesperson for the NCS, Joseph Attah, made the disclosure to The Tribune when the publication contacted him on phone concerning the CBT results for the recruitment exercise.