- The Lagos state government is intensifying its precautionary measures to ensure COVID-19 spread is reduced drastically in the state
- A recent announcement by the government indicates low-level civil servants in the state will continue to stay at home for the time being
- The workers who were supposed to resume on Monday, January 18 have been told to stay back at home till Monday, February 1
The Lagos state government has extended its work from home order for civil servants on Grade Level 14 and below from Monday, January 18 to Monday, February 1.
The information was announced via Twitter on Saturday, January 16 by the spokesman to the Lagos state governor, Gboyega Akosile.
Akosile cited a circular by the Lagos state Head of Service, Muri Okunola as the source of the information.
He said the decision was taken by the government as a measure to successfully curtail the spread of the COVID-19 in the state.
The decision by the government comes a day after the Lagos State University College of Medicine shut down its campus in Ikeja after some students and officials contracted the deadly coronavirus.
A spokesman of the college said the affected students are in isolation while other students of the school have been advised to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
Meanwhile, on Friday, January 15, the federal ministry of health released new protocols for religious centres to adhere to.
The protocols include 12 updated guidelines for religious gatherings to follow to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
In a related development, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has commenced a campaign to sensitise Nigerians on its plans as Nigeria prepares to receive its first batch of COVID-19 vaccine in March 2021.
Already, NAFDAC has informed Nigerians that it has not received any application from COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers, stressing that if NAFDAC does not approve, the public should not use any vaccine.
Legit.ng had earlier listed 10 important facts about the COVID-19 vaccine here.
Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | Legit TV