Killing of paramilitary commander: Iraqi court orders arrest of Trump

Killing of paramilitary commander: Iraqi court orders arrest of Trump

- An investigation has commenced over the alleged role Donald Trump played in the killing of a top Iraqi paramilitary commander

- A court in Baghdad said the US president has questions to answer over the death of Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis

It is unlikely that Trump would face any punitive action over Al-Muhandis' death

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

An arrest warrant has been issued for the outgoing president of the United States of America, Donald Trump.

The warrant was issued by a court in Baghdad, Iraq on Thursday, January 7, as part of its investigation into the killing of top Iraqi paramilitary commander, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis in 2020, Forbes reported.

Trouble as court orders immediate arrest of President Trump over alleged assassination

President Donald Trump speaks at the "Stop The Steal" Rally on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Photo by Tasos Katopodis
Source: Getty Images

Al-Muhandis was killed in a targeted US drone strike alongside Iranian Revolutionary Guard general, Qassem Soleimani, outside the Iraqi capital’s airport in January last year.

The US president later disclosed that he ordered the strike on the motorcade that killed the two men.

BREAKING: Panic in America as woman shot during invasion of US congress building by pro-Trump protesters dies

According to Aljazeera, the court said the decision to issue the warrant:

“Was made after the judge recorded the statements of the claimants from the family of Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis."

The warrant was issued under Article 406 of the penal code which provides for the death penalty in all cases of premeditated murder.

The order by the Baghdad court comes after Iran issued its own arrest requests, via the international police agency Interpol over the drone strike that killed Iranian general, Qassim Soleimani.

A Tehran prosecutor, Ali Alqasimehr, accused Trump, and more than 30 others of being involved in the attack that killed the general.

In another report, Mick Mulvaney, President Donald Trump’s former chief of staff and current special envoy to Northern Ireland has resigned.

CNN reported he told CNBC in an interview this morning that he called Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last night and resigned.

Incredible! Iran makes big move to deal with President Donald Trump

Legit.ng gathered that he called Pompeo on Wednesday, January 6, to notify him of his resignation, stressing that he could no longer stay.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

How would you feel if Donald Trump bombed Boko Haram like Syria? | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel