- No fewer than 13 Boko Haram terrorists surrendered in Borno state
- The insurgents' family also renounced their membership of Boko Haram
- Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, the Defence media operations, made the disclosure on Sunday, September 27
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The Defence Headquarters has said that 13 Boko Haram terrorists alongside six women and 17 children from Kodila village have surrendered to troops of 151 Task Force Battalion at Banki junction in Bama local government area of Borno state.
Legit.ng reports that the coordinator, Defence media operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement issued on Sunday, September 27, in Abuja.
Enenche said the terrorists surrendered due to sustained aerial bombardment and aggressive intensive clearance operation by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the northeast.
He said the suspects and their family members who surrendered on Saturday, September 26, had been receiving medical attention at a military medical facility.
Enenche noted that the suspects are currently undergoing thorough profiling and investigation in line with global best practices in handling such cases.
The statement read:
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain resolute, determined and committed to sustaining the tempo of the operations.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Zulum was attacked again by terrorists near the town of Baga in Borno.
It was reported that Zulum escaped death after his convoy was ambushed on Friday, September 25, by Jihadist insurgents loyal to the IS-affiliated Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) group.
The militants opened fire at the convoy closed to the headquarters of the Multinational Joint Task Force consisting of troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
In another report, President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday, September 26, condemned the attack which led to the death of security men and some operatives of a civilian joint task force in Borno.
The president in a statement signed by his special assistant on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, described the attack, which occurred on the Maiduguri-Baga route, as an orchestrated sabotage against the long-planned return of displaced persons to their local communities.
Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV