100+ questions that make you think about life and how it works
Do you spare enough time to focus on questions that make you think? As life does not have a manual, it is important that we take time to analyze our lives, beliefs, systems, and values. This allows us not to get caught up in the fast life, but live intentionally and purposefully.
There are many questions to ponder on different topics and areas of life. These questions help us get in touch with our inner selves and understand why we do things the way we do them.
Interesting questions that make you think
There exists a wide range of things to think about that can be analyzed through the use of existential questions, philosophical questions, among others.
20 thought provoking questions
Each day is a fresh start for all of us. If we can learn from our past experiences and analyze our current beliefs and standpoints on different topics, we have more knowledge to get through today than we did yesterday.
- If you knew that sacrificing your life would have a massive benefit to thousands of people, would you do it?
- How do you know that you are sane? Does someone have to tell you?
- Do you judge yourself by the same standards that you judge others? If not, are you harsher or more lenient?
- Would you choose to be free and poor or confined and wealthy?
- How can we get rid of time as a limiting concept?
- Does modern life give us more freedom or less freedom than in the past?
- Where do your thoughts actually originate from?
- How should we measure our lives? In years? In moments? In accomplishments? Something else?
- Are any of our views truly our own, or do we simply inherit them from the environments and societies in which we live?
- If you never got scared, would your life be different?
- If past lives are real, why is the human population increasing?
- If you were given a chance to travel to another planet without any chance of ever coming back to earth, would you go?
- What is a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
- What do you think is humankind’s greatest invention?
- Can humanity ever come together around a common cause, or are we all too selfish as individuals?
- What is the most sensible thing you have ever heard someone say?
- Are we the source of our problems? Do we create problems in our minds to give us something to focus on?
- Can a thought alone ever influence the physical world?
- What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
- Why do we like what we like and dislike what we dislike?
20 mind boggling questions
It takes courage to look deep into ourselves and sincerely answer difficult questions. This level of honesty with oneself is priceless.
- Are personal boundaries important, or are they just our way of keeping people from discovering who we really are?
- Is crying a sign of strength or weakness?
- Would you live through 50 years of abuse and trauma if you knew you would be rewarded for it in the end?
- Is love a physical desire, or is it something deeper?
- What truly makes you unique?
- How do you know that you are fulfilling your life’s purpose?
- What is important enough to go to war over?
- Why do people in power oppress others?
- Is there such a thing as wasted time?
- If someone made a movie about your life, what would its name be?
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- Is there such a thing as an afterlife, or did we make that up to teach people to be good in this life?
- What would happen to live without spirituality?
- When it is all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
- If you had all the money you needed, what would you be doing with your life now?
- If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
- What is the greatest threat to the global ecosystem?
- Is it better to lie to someone to protect their feelings or to hurt them with the truth?
- What do we all have in common besides our genes that make us human?
- Everyone has the same 24 hours. Why is someone able to do some much more with it than others?
20 deep philosophical questions
Deep questions like these will make fantastic portals to your inner being and allow you to explore your true thoughts and feelings.
- If perfection is not attainable, then why do we continue to strive for it?
- Given the ripple effect of our actions across time and space, how can we ever be sure that we are doing the ‘right’ thing?
- How certain are you that your morals are correct considering that your viewpoint is merely one perspective among billions?
- How much do you value technological progress if the result is increasingly inadequate distribution of wealth?
- If consciousness is a purely human trait, are we better off for it, or does it simply lead to greater problems?
- If the modern man did not invent technology, would there still be progress?
- Is there such a thing as fate or destiny, or do we create our future?
- If an afterlife does exist, what is it like?
- How could humans evolve to become a better species?
- If everyone could only speak the truth, would the world be a better place?
- Is there order in nature? Or is it all chaos?
- If you could live forever, but you would never be able to die or kill yourself, would you choose this immortality?
- What purpose do we humans serve as a species?
- Given that a person does not choose to be born, is free will simply an illusion?
- If you had a choice to be born again 100 years ago or 100 years from now, which time would you choose?
- Do we do good for the sake of being good, or because we want others to think of us as good people?
- Are people inherently good or evil?
- Is it easier to love or be loved?
- Is there such a thing as your real self, or do you change as time passes and given the circumstances you are in?
- What do you think existed before the universe was created?
20 mind blowing questions
Do not worry if you cannot give a definitive answer to these questions, but be aware that you are growing in mind and spirit when thinking about such exciting topics.
- If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what about reality?
- Will the taking of human life ever be justifiable?
- Do we need more intelligence or wisdom to make the world a better place?
- Is surveillance ever a bad thing if you have nothing to hide?
- Does a person have a soul? If so, where is it?
- Do guns kill people or protect them?
- What is the worst sin of man, and why do we cling to these evil doings?
- What do you think civilization will look like in 10,000 years?
- If there was one last sip from the fountain of youth left in the world, would you savor it or pour it into the ocean?
- Are we the biggest threat to our own species?
- Is there a present moment if that moment passes in an instant?
- Can you cry underwater?
- If you could be granted one superpower, which one would you choose?
- What if there were no experts, but everyone knew a little about everything?
- Is it easier to love or to hate? Why?
- If you did not know your age, how old would you think you are?
- What would you not give up for 1 billion dollars?
- Do you like who you are right now? If not, what would you change, and what is holding you back from changing right now?
- Is there a line between helping people and helping them help themselves? How do you find that balance?
- At what point does striving for a better life turn from healthy to unhealthy?
20 intriguing life questions
If your views differ from those of others, be willing to accept that this is part of what makes life exciting and interesting.
- Can you ever commit a truly selfless deed?
- What is the difference between consciousness and being self-awareness?
- What is the one thing that brings you peace or calm above all else?
- Would you rather lose all your memories or never be able to make new ones?
- Do you like who you are right now?
- How can a single moment have the power to change everything?
- What mistake will you never again make in your life?
- If life is short, why do we dwell on things that do not matter?
- Do human accomplishments have long-term meaning?
- What are you holding onto that is holding you back from living your best life?
- What is the difference between living and existing?
- When you become the person you want to be, is that the end?
- What would you prefer? Being the big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?
- If you had one more week to live, is there anything you would do differently?
- Do you believe that dreams have a deeper meaning?
- Are you true to yourself when surrounded by people with different viewpoints?
- Do you strive to be better than everyone around you, or better than the person you were yesterday?
- What would you consider to be a perfect day?
- Would you trade your best, healthiest habits for a more prosperous life?
- Are there any mistakes you keep making repeatedly? Why?
5 funny thought provoking questions
Which are the best funny thought provoking questions? This type of questions focuses on things that make you think about life from a hilarious point of view. Take a look!
- Why is it called a building when it is already built?
- Why do we cook bacon and bake cookies?
- If you are waiting for a waiter, doesn’t that make you the waiter?
- If life is unfair to everyone, doesn’t that make life fair?
- How come our noses run, but our feet smell?
Questions that make you think are incredibly exciting as they spark the mind into action. What better way can you achieve this than by asking a few of the best questions?
READ ALSO: 50+ trick questions that will blow your mind (answers provided)
Legit.ng reported that a great set of confusing questions allows us to think harder, and at the same time, laugh at the simple answers we may fail to think about.
The true beauty of trick questions is that the answers are usually incredibly simple. A quick tip to getting the correct answers is to avoid overthinking. Do not allow your mind to magnify the challenge.