Trick questions are great for challenging our minds. A great set of confusing questions allows us to think harder, and at the same time, laugh at the simple answers we may fail to think about. You can incorporate such questions during a game night, date night with someone you have known for a while, or just to share a laugh with a friend.
The true beauty of tricky questions is that the answers are usually incredibly simple. A quick tip to getting the correct answers is to avoid overthinking. Do not allow your mind to magnify the challenge.
Interesting trick questions that will make you lively
When it comes to answering such questions, do not pressure yourself to think too hard. So, which are the best tricking questions and answers?
25 trick questions to ask
Relax your mind and enjoy all the way to the end! You will find the answers right after the questions segment. This will allow you to think for yourself when you cannot view the answers right after reading a query.
- What can you hold without touching it at all?
- What has a thumb and four fingers but is not alive?
- What can be broken but never held?
- Why are movie stars considered cool?
- Where is an ocean with no water?
- What two words, when combined, hold the most letters?
- I start out tall, but the longer I stand, the shorter I grow. What am I?
- Which nail does a carpenter try to miss?
- Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
- What has four wheels and flies?
- I am so fragile that if you say my name, you’ll break me. What am I?
- What breaks and never falls, and what falls and never breaks?
- What goes up and down, but always remains in the same place?
- Why did the clown visit the doctor?
- What provides the strength and power to walk through walls?
- What gets bigger and bigger the more you take away from it?
- A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How is that possible?
- What two keys can’t open any door?
- What do you call a woman who knows where her husband is all the time?
- Which room has no walls?
- What did the ocean say to the beach?
- What gets sharper the more you use it?
- How can a girl go 25 days without sleep?
- What did the quilt say to the bed?
- What goes up but never comes down?
- A conversation.
- A glove.
- A promise.
- Because they have fans.
- On a map.
- Post Office.
- A candle.
- His fingernail.
- Neither because they both weigh one pound.
- A garbage truck.
- Day breaks and night falls.
- He was feeling funny.
- A door.
- A hole on the ground.
- His horse is named Friday.
- A donkey and monkey.
- A widow.
- A mushroom.
- It did not say anything, but it waved.
- The brain.
- She sleeps at night.
- I have got you covered.
25 mind tricks questions for you
When it comes to trick questions, some of them are funny, while others are logic questions. All in all, they are all meant to challenge your thinking capacity. You can view the answers after the last question here.
- If you have a bowl with six apples and you take away four, how many do you have?
- How was it possible that every single person in an airplane crash died, but two people survived?
- Why did the banker quit his job?
- Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain on Earth?
- What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years?
- How many times can you subtract 10 from 100?
- What building has the most stories?
- Imagine that you are in a room that is filling up with water quickly. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out?
- What can never be put in a saucepan?
- If you sit a cup on the table facing south while you are on the north side of the table, on which side is the cup’s handle?
- What travels the world while stuck in one spot?
- Everyone in the world needs it, but they usually give it without taking it. What is it?
- What is the last thing you take off before bed?
- There are three important rooms in a house. The first one is filled with money. The second one is filled with important papers. The third one is filled with jewelry. One day all of these rooms burst into fire. Which room did the policemen put out the fire in first?
- What can one catch that is not thrown?
- What happens if you throw a white hat into the Black Sea?
- A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car with no lights on comes around the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car’s driver know he was there?
- Which tree can you carry in your hand?
- First, you throw away my outside and cook the inside. Then you eat my outside and throw away my inside. What am I?
- Why can’t a man living in New York be buried in Chicago?
- Feed me, and I live. Give me a drink, and I die.
- What is the maximum number of times a single page of a newspaper can be folded in half by hand?
- I have one head, one foot, and four legs. What am I?
- How many sides does a circle have?
- The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
- The four you took away.
- The two survivors were married.
- He lost interest.
- Mount Everest.
- The letter M.
- Once. Next time you would be subtracting 10 from 90.
- The library.
- You stop imagining.
- Its Lid.
- No matter which way the cup is turned, the handle is always on the outside.
- A stamp.
- Your feet off the floor.
- None of the rooms. This is because police officers do not put out fires. Firefighters do.
- A cold.
- The hat gets wet.
- It was day time.
- A palm.
- Corn on the cob. Because you throw away the husk, cook the corn. Then you eat the kernels and throw away the cob.
- Because he is alive.
- Only once, because after that you will be folding it into quarters, eighths, etc.
- A bed.
- Two, because it has an inside and an outside.
Additional questions with answers
- What has a heart but no other organs? Answer: A deck of cards.
- What is harder to catch the faster you run? Answer: Your breath.
Trick questions are both intriguing and informative. Make it a habit to attempt answering tricky questions as often as possible.
READ ALSO: 100+ fun hypothetical questions to bust out when you are bored
Legit.ng reported that hypothetical questions can improve the engagement levels and quality of a Q&A session. This is because they tend to spark up exciting conversations that would probably have never come up if the questions being asked were general.
Hypothetical questions contain unproven assumptions or imaginary scenarios. They are used to explore future possibilities or stimulate creativity. These questions are a great opener to thrilling and fun topics and conversations.