Southern Kaduna killings: CAN declares one-month prayer, fasting

Southern Kaduna killings: CAN declares one-month prayer, fasting

- The killing in Southern Kaduna is truly getting out of hand

- In light of this, CAN in the state has announced a one-month prayer and fasting session for God's intervention

- The religious body also described the menace as ethnic cleansing which the presidency must do its utmost to end

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The menace of Southern Kaduna killings has forced the Christain Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the state to take a very decisive and firm stand.

The Christian body in Kaduna on Sunday, August 2, agreed to a one-month prayer and fasting session so as to get God's intervention in the life-threatening trend.

This decision was announced by the chairman of CAN in the state, Reverend Joseph Hayab, Channels TV reports.

Hayab claimed that the state government and security agencies are not doing their utmost to put an end to the killing of Christians.

Trouble for Rohr as big Super Eagles star listed among players to be sold at top EPL club
Southern Kaduna killings: CAN declares one-month prayer, fasting

The president of CAN, Supo Ayokunle (Source: UGC)
Source: Twitter

Referring to the attacks as nothing short of ethnic cleansing, the CAN chairman in Kaduna called on the presidency to take a drastic decision against the bandits.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that a former senator representing Kaduna central, Shehu Sani, had declared that the repeated killings in the southern part of the state were acts of terrorism.

Many people have been killed in communities in Kaura, Zangon-Kataf, Kauru and Kajuru local government areas of the state.

Sani who disclosed this in a statement on Saturday, July 25, said the killings were acts of terrorism and should be treated as such.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

“The continuous violence and bloodshed in southern Kaduna stands is unconscionable and stands unreservedly condemned.

The blood of the innocent is being spilt in the most unimaginably cruel and unspeakably evil manner and with impunity. In southern Kaduna, the north has lost its conscience and the nation has lost its will and spirit. Terrorists have turned southern Kaduna to a mortuary and a graveyard," he added.

Anthony Joshua tells younger generation what they must do to their parents while still alive

Also, following the killings in Southern Kaduna, Gabriel Saleh, the lawmaker representing Kachia/Kagarko constituency, Kaduna, in the House of Representatives had said the federal government had failed Nigeria.

Saleh lamenting over the spate of killings during an interview that over 40 people had been killed in less than two weeks.

The lawmaker who was pained by the attacks in his constituency explained that the people of Kaduna had been displaced following the onslaught by suspected bandits and herdsmen.

5 years after, Nigerians speak about Buhari's administration | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel