The Star Wars franchise has a lot of devoted fans all over the world who know everything about the fantastic universe and characters. Whether you are the biggest admirer of the saga or a person who only know the basics about it, you will appreciate these amazing Star Wars puns, jokes and pick up lines! Get ready to laugh!
The science-fiction culture would not be complete without the Star Wars franchise, which was first established in 1977 by George Lucas and his movie "Star Wars," currently known as "Episode IV - A New Hope." Since then, it has become a pop culture phenomenon, with more and more people observing the galactic adventures of the lovable main characters. Of course, over the years, there has been a lot of franchise-related jokes circulating all around the internet.
Best Star Wars jokes: puns, pick up lines and many more
Here is a collection of the funniest, cutest and most memorable lines that either the Star Wars canon or its fandom brought us. We will start with the hilarious puns!
Star Wars puns
Usually, some of the significant words and names of the characters are used to create a hilarious pun. You can check out some of the best picks.
- Force: The famous quote "May the Force be with you" became a reason why May the fourth is now celebrated as Star Wars Day among fans. This is probably the best-known pun, as it is a direct wordplay on May the fourth, and its first use dates back to this date in 1979 when Margaret Thatcher became a Prime Minister of the UK. The Conservatives congratulated her through the London Evening News, placing an advertisement in the newspaper which said "May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie. Congratulations".
- Sith: May the Fourth is not the only day when fans celebrate their devotion to the franchise. Sometimes, the following day is seen by the fan base as "Revenge of the Fifth," which is a play on "Revenge of the Sith" - the third episode of Star Wars. On this day, fans typically give more attention to the villains of the saga, such as Sith Lords. However, there is a common disagreement about this holiday. Some admirers prefer to celebrate on May the sixth, claiming that "Revenge of the Sixth" is a better pun.
- War: Some people replace the common phrases that contain the word "war" with "Star Wars." For example, "All's fair in love and Star Wars."
- Leia: The name of the famous princess can be used as a replacement for "lay," "lay a" or "later." For example, "Do not Leia hand on me" or "Sooner or Leia."
- Luke: The protagonist's name is so versatile that it could replace a lot of words. Some examples are "look" and "luck." For instance, "Luke on the bright side" or "Better Luke next time."
- Wookiee: The Wookiee species, especially Chewbacca, won the hearts of many people. The word rhymes with "cookie" and "rookie," so you can say "a Wookiee jar" or "a Wookiee mistake."
- Yoda: The wise Jedi Master has a name that may give associations with "soda" and "yoga." You can also make a pun on the car brand Toyota, saying "Toyoda."
- Han: The rebellious Han Solo's name can be used for puns on "hand" or "hen," such as "all Hans on deck" or "Mother Han."
If you activate some creativity and imagination, you can create some Star Wars funny puns from the name of basically any character in the franchise! Next up are some Star Wars joke examples that will make every fan chuckle.
Funny Star Wars jokes
You can use these Star Wars jokes for kids or adults - Star Wars admirers of any age would definitely appreciate them. People who love the movie saga will appreciate the references to the most memorable quotes and characters.
- Which program does Jedi use to open PDF files? Adobe Wan Kenobi.
- Why did Anakin Skywalker cross the road? To get to the Dark Side.
- How did Darth Vader know what Luke was getting for Christmas? He felt his presents.
- What do you call Chewbacca when he has chocolate stuck in his hair? Chocolate Chip Wookiee.
- Which Star Wars character works at a restaurant? Darth Waiter.
- What did Obi Wan tell Luke when he had trouble eating Chinese food? Use the forks, Luke.
- What is Jabba the Hutt's middle name? "The."
- What would you call Padme if she was a dog? Petme Imadoggie.
- How is duct tape like the Force? It has a dark side, a light side and it binds the galaxy together.
- What did Chewbacca call his website that gave away Empire secrets? Wookieeleaks.
- What do you call a Jedi in denial? Obi-Wan Cannot Be.
- Why were the Star Wars movies made out of order? Because in charge of scheduling, Yoda was.
- If you found a person for dating that hates Star Wars, you were looking for love in Alderaan places.
- What is a Jedi's favourite toy? A yo-Yoda.
- Why does Princess Leia keep her hair tied up in buns? So it doesn't Hang Solow.
Those jokes are widely loved by fans.
Funny Star Wars quotes
Some funny Star Wars quotable phrases will be enough to make your day brighter.
- "How do you get so big eating food of this kind?" - Yoda, "The Empire Strikes Back"
This line establishes Yoda as not just a wise and great Jedi, but also a humorous and goofy character. He makes light fun of Luke by asking him how he got so big eating small food. It is also funny because Yoda himself is small.
- "Same as always…" - Luke Skywalker, "Return of the Jedi"
This line is worth mentioning because the whole scene is hilarious. Han asks Luke how he is doing, to which Luke replies "same as always...", and Han concludes with "that bad, huh?". The reason why we love the franchise is not just exciting adventures, but also the humorous dialogue exchanges.
- "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia, "A New Hope"
One thing we all enjoyed is the bickering between Princess Leia and Han Solo. Even in the most dangerous situations when they have to run for their lives, Leia still makes fun of Han.
- "Who's scruffy-looking?" - Han Solo, "The Empire Strikes Back"
Out of all the insults listed by Leia, being called "scruffy-looking" gets to Han the most. He is not the type of guy who is used to mocking when it comes to his appearance. The way he says this is a notable example of witty Star Wars funny quotes.
- "Shutting up, sir" - C-3PO, "A New Hope."
This classic joke occurs when Uncle Owen strictly tells C-3PO to shut up, and the robot takes this order too literally, saying "shutting up, sir."
There are many more funny lines in the franchise which we all remember with a smile.
Star Wars pickup lines
Do you want to hit on a guy or a girl who loves Star Wars as much as you do? You can use some of these original Star Wars pick up lines.
- Are you related to Yoda? Because yodalicious.
- I must be drawn to the Force because Yoda one for me.
- Your smile glows brighter than a lightsaber.
- The Force is strong with this one.
- Did it hurt when you fell from Cloud City?
- R4 is red, R2 is blue, if I were the Force, then I'd be with you.
- I can't help it; I am trapped in the gravitational field of your eyes!
- You're the droid I've been looking for.
- I'd join the dark side, as long as it had you!
- I'm low when I Han Solo, but with you, I glow like a lightsaber!
Remember that you should not start a conversation with these if you do not want to come off as weird. It is better to use them when you have already established a friendship with your crush and know they like Star Wars. This would increase the chance of putting a smile on their face rather than scaring them off.
A lot of the hilarious Star Wars puns, jokes and pickup lines are still used to this day. Hopefully, our list brought you some laughs today!