- Emir Sanusi's chief of staff, Munir Sanusi, confirmed receipt of query from Governor Ganduje
- The chief of staff said the emir was asked to respond within 48 hours
- Munir said the emirate council is studying the query before filing its response
Munir Sanusi, the chief of staff to Muhammadu Sanusi, emir of Kano, has said the emirate council is studying the content of the query issued to the monarch.
The office of the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) had issued a query to Emir Sanusi on behalf of Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of the state.
The Cable reports that a source who spoke in anonymity said the query was on alleged financial misappropriation.
The chief of staff confirmed the receipt of the letter, saying the emir was asked to respond within 48 hours.
“We received the query today (Thursday, June 6). The state government has demanded the response of His Highness within 48 hours. The council is studying the content,” he said.
The Kano state Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission had recommended the suspension of the emir after probing the emirate.
The agency said it uncovered that N3.4 billion was misspent under Sanusi. The amount was said to have been misappropriated between 2014 and 2017.
The government of Ganduje had earlier broken the emirate into five, stripping Sanusi of the control of 34 local government areas.
Legit.ng previously reported that the Emir of Ningi, Alhaji Yunusa Muhammadu Danyaya, said whatever Emir Sanusi might have done wrong, the state government should not have been so “harsh” on him.
Emi Danyaya was reacting to Kano state's recently created four new emirates from the Kano Emirate in what was perceived as a move to diminish Sanusi’s power and influence.
The Emir of Ningi urged politicians and governments to be more tolerant and patient in punishing erring rulers.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Nigeria Latest News: Emir Sanusi Says Mosques Should be Converted into Schools | Legit TV