Why should one learn Bible verses about leadership? For example, a spiritual leader is one who understands where God wants to see people and leads them using God's methods relying on His power. God wants to see His people where the spiritual condition of men and their way of life manifest His glory and give praise to His name. Therefore, the goal of spiritual leadership is to bring people to the knowledge of God so that they can praise Him in all their deeds.
For a spiritual head, it is important to know Bible verses about leadership qualities and direct people as to change them. If we want to become good leaders, then it is important to set a goal for the development of personality, and not for drawing up plans. You can force a person to do anything, but if at the same time his heart has not changed in any way, you have not been led anywhere spiritually. You did not help him reach God's appointed place. So it cannot be called Bible verses about good leadership biblical leadership. But where to find the needed answers? Only in the Holy Scripture!
Bible verses about good leadership
- Exodus 18:21: Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens.
- Jeremiah 23:1: “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord.
- Romans 12:9-13: Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
- 1 Timothy 3:1-7: The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
- Mark 10:42-45: And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- John 13:12-15: When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.
- Galatians 6:9: And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
- Luke 22:24-27: A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest. And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors. But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves. For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.
- Matthew 20:26: It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant.
READ ALSO: Christian names for boys with meaning
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Proverbs 4:23: Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
- 1 Peter 5:3: Not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.
- Proverbs 11:14: Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.
- Proverbs 3:5-10: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; ...
- 1 Corinthians 12:12: For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
- Philippians 2:4: Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Psalm 78:72: With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful hand.
- 2 Timothy 2:2: And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Proverbs 29:2: When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
- Hebrews 13:7: Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.
- Acts 20:28: Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
- Deuteronomy 1:13: Choose for your tribes wise, understanding, and experienced men, and I will appoint them as your heads.’
- John 10:11: I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- Luke 6:31: And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
- John 3:30: He must increase, but I must decrease.”
- Proverbs 25:28: A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
- Luke 22:26: But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
- Deuteronomy 1:15: So I took the heads of your tribes, wise and experienced men, and set them as heads over you, commanders of thousands, commanders of hundreds, commanders of fifties, commanders of tens, and officers, throughout your tribes.
- Matthew 5:37: Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.
- 2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
- Matthew 7:12: “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
- Proverbs 16:9: The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
- 2 Chronicles 1:10-12: Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can govern this people of yours, which is so great?” God answered Solomon, “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked possessions, wealth, honor, or the life of those who hate you, and have not even asked long life, but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself that you may govern my people over whom I have made you king, wisdom and knowledge are granted to you. I will also give you riches, possessions, and honor, such as none of the kings had who were before you, and none after you shall have the like.”
- 1 Timothy 5:17: Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.
- 1 Timothy 3:5: For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
- 1 Timothy 3:2: Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach
These bible verses about life, scriptures on leadership may change the life of a simple person and the one, who wants to become a leader. Share your opinion about these wise words with us!
READ ALSO: Biblical twin names and meaning