Sweet and juicy mango has already got the title of ‘king of fruits’. It is hard to believe, but this exotic fruit is one of the most popular in the world. There are only three pieces of fruit ahead: apples which are well-known since biblical times, bananas and ubiquitous. Amazing health benefits of mango are appreciated all over the world.
India is considered a homeland of mango. It is also cultivated in the Canary Islands, Guatemala, Thailand, Mexico, and the Spanish mango is firmly sold in European stores. In the world people annually grow about 20 tons of mangoes, and the number of its varieties is 1500!
Health benefits of mango fruit
1. The mango has the amino acids which are necessary for human health. The fruit also has useful properties due to the presence of carotenoids, which is why the pulp has a peculiar color.
2. Its rich mineral composition lets using the fruit for the treatment of different diseases. Eating mango helps relieve depression, nervous tension, and stress.
3. The immature form of the fruits is consumed with honey against chronic dyspepsia, dysentery, constipation, hemorrhoids, and bile stasis.
4. Speaking of ripe fruits, they are very rich in provitamin A. So they should be included in the diet of people who suffer from the night blindness and several eye diseases.
READ ALSO: What are intermittent fasting benefits?
6. The undoubted advantage of this product is its ability to slow the cancer-related progression of the genitourinary and also reproductive systems.
7. The combination of B vitamins, carotene, and ascorbic acid, allows the mango to get in the list of the best natural medicines for colds and different diseases.
8. It enhances immunity, prevents the effects of free radicals act as antioxidants.
9. We should also mention the benefits of mango for dieters. A low calorie of this fruit allowed nutritionists to develop a method of losing weight based this fruit and milk. A lot of nutritionists recommend including mango in your menu for weight loss because it has no more than 70 kcal, and when it is combined with milk, it turns into a surprisingly tasty and healthy for the stomach and intestines dessert.
10. In cosmetology its juicy pulp is used for making household masks: it moisturizes, reduces wrinkles, nourishes the skin, and removes ‘black spots’. The Indian fruit is a true helper for feminine beauty: moisturizing mask with mango is recommended for the face, hands, and hair. And for the very busy beauties can advise a simple but effective recipe: wipe your clean face with a freshly cut mango crust, wash off juice with water after 15 minutes. Such a fruit mask moisturizes and softens tired skin.
11. In the hot countries, this fruit is considered one of the most effective treatments for the cardiovascular disease. Oriental Medicine recommends using it to get rid of the plague and cholera. There are also health benefits of mango leaves - people prepared medicinal teas to normalize blood sugar levels and activity of the pancreas using them. Herbal infusion restores sight, the condition of blood vessels with varicose veins and multiple skin hemorrhages.
12. During pregnancy, mango is also useful, but in moderate amount! After all, it has some diuretic and laxative properties. It is able to eliminate heartburn and normalize digestion. Press the fruit juice and you will get an effective tool for the treatment of skin dermatitis and diseases of the respiratory system (bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, etc.).
13. Mango is traditionally used as an aphrodisiac. It increases sexual desire and enhances sexual function, so salads and light meals with mango is a wonderful component of a romantic evening.
14. There is an interesting theory that a lot of the most useful products work for those organs to which they are similar. Mango (along with avocado and some other fruits) reminds the female reproductive organs, not by chance it has long been considered as ‘women's’ product. It is especially recommended for the ladies during menstruation, especially when the body needs iron.
Additional health benefits of eating mango
If you are partial to mango, useful properties of this product will please you very much. Like all fruits, mango is a real treasure trove of vitamins and minerals. 12 amino acids, vitamins A, C and B group, a lot of potassium, zinc and other elements, as well as a record number of sugar. A fun fact - immature fruit has more vitamin C, and ripe and juicy mango are the champions for vitamins A and B composition.
So what is mango so useful? Due to the special composition of this fruit, it is a real lifesaver for the nervous system. Mango enhances memory, improves sleep, and helps to tolerate stress better. Therefore, every modern man should add ‘mango snacks’ to his frantic schedule.
Moreover, due to its potassium mango has a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels. Its tocopherol and vitamins help prevent the development of tumors.
Today, in a lot of countries mango is not the most popular and common fruit – however, it is still very useful. So, not by chance mango has received its romantic glory.
The ripe yellow mangoes help to get rid of anemia. The use of mango is undeniable for women - this king of fruits is known as a mild diuretic and laxative product, and the ladies know these problems well.
If you want to get all the health benefits of a mango eat the fruit a few times a week and you’ll see the results very soon!