Jos Massacre: Emotional Moment Tinubu Addresses Woman Who Held Her Deceased Son
- President Bola Tinubu consoled with the grieving mother in the viral video of the Jos killings during his visit to the Plateau state capital on Thursday, April 2
- Tinubu, in his address to the victims, acknowledged the pain they experience and emphasised the government's support for the people
- However, some Nigerians have reacted to Tinubu's visit, criticised him, and expressed disappointment over the alleged lack of empathy
President Bola Tinubu has physically and personally consoled the grieving mother who was seen in a viral video holding on to the lifeless body of her son following the recent killing in Jos, Plateau state capital.
During his condolence visit to the state on Thursday, April 2, President Tinubu addressed the woman by name and referenced the viral video that captured her moment of anguish following the killings in the Angwan Rukuba area on Sunday, March 29.

Source: Twitter
Tinubu, while addressing the families and representatives of the victims, said:
“I know the pain; I saw how, in the video, you held on to your son, Ayuba, and the pain and agony in your heart, but it’s only God who can give you joy and comfort.”
The president added that no amount of compensation would replace the lives that were lost and assured that the government would always support them.
Nigerians react as Tinubu meets Jos victims
However, Nigerians have started reacting to the video of the president's visit. Below are some of their comments:
Tee from SHARE commended the president for the condolences:
"Father of the Nation, you spoke well. Only God can give her comfort, and thank you for not failing this time to visit the home of those affected by these killings. We are with you, sir, and I pray Nigeria succeeds so that you can also succeed."

Source: Twitter
Habeeb Salih alleged that the president did not visit the crime scene:
"There's no empathy in this. PBAT didn't visit Jos; he visited Jos airport. He didn't campaign at the airport in the 2023 election. How can they bring a mourning mother to the airport, hanging a tag on her neck just to see the president? Why can't he visit the crime scene? BS."
Arewa First Child alleged that the president did not visit the community where the attack happened:
"T-Pain cancelled his trip just to go and sympathise with them, only to end up somewhere else—not even the actual area of the incident. If he knew he wasn’t going to show up properly, he should’ve just gone ahead with his trip. What kind of clownery is this?"
Faisal Balarabe said that the president should not outsource his constitutional responsibility to divine intervention:
"This is unacceptable. As President, your job is not to outsource security to divine intervention. It is your constitutional responsibility to protect lives and provide security for citizens."
See the video of the moment on X here:
Pastor Jerry reacts to Jos' attack
Legit.ng previously reported that Pastor Jerry Eze came under scrutiny following his reaction to the killings in Jos, Plateau state, as Nigerians continued to mourn victims of the tragic attack.
His message reflected a spiritual response, calling for divine intervention amid violence. However, what followed showed that not everyone was in agreement.
Shortly after his post, several Nigerians began questioning whether prayers alone were sufficient in addressing the recurring violence.
Source: Legit.ng

