Huge Victory as Nigerian Soldiers Kill 48 Bandits, Commanders, Rescue Kidnap Victims in Zamfara

Huge Victory as Nigerian Soldiers Kill 48 Bandits, Commanders, Rescue Kidnap Victims in Zamfara

- Nigerian sldiers fighting bandits in the northwest have recorded a huge victory

- The troops, following the COAS' order, launched offensive operations in Zamfara and neighbouring states, killing 48 bandits and many commanders

- Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Army Staff, has congratulated the troops and directed them to sustain the offensive operations

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Troops of the Nigerian Army operating in Zamfara and adjoining northwestern states have killed 48 bandits and many of their commanders.

Mohammed Yerima, the spokesperson of the army made this known in a statement posted on Facebook and seen by Legit.ng on Monday, May 10.

Nigerian Soldiers Kill 48 Bandits, Commanders, Rescue Kidnap Victims in Zamfara
Nigerian Army says the “Operation Tsare Mutane” launched in the northwest has led to the killing of several bandits, their leaders, and destruction of their camps. Photo credit: HQ Nigerian Army
Source: Facebook

Yerima, a brigadier-general, said troops of 8 Division had earlier launched “Operation Tsare Mutane” following the directives of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Ibrahim Attahiru.

Legit.ng learns that the Army chief had directed the Division to stabilise the security situation in the zone to facilitate the return of socio-economic activities.

Read also

Five police officers killed as gunmen attack another police headquarters in Nigeria

First phase of the operation: March to April

The General Officer Commanding (GOC) the Division, Usman Yusuf, reportedly launched the first phase of the operation that lasted from Tuesday, March 23 to Friday, April 2, in Maradun local government area of Zamfara.

According to Yusuf, the troops neutralised 48 bandits while the bandit's leader in the area known as Jummo sustained a gunshot wound to his leg.

They also rescued 18 kidnap victims from the bandits’ enclave and recovered eight AK-47 rifles, one G3 rifle, one PKT and a Machine Gun from the bandits.

Second phase of the operation: April to May

The GOC said the second phase of the operation took place from Monday, April 19 to Monday, May 3.

According to him, the key bandits’ leaders in the area identified as Yellow Mai-Bille, Sani Meli, Dan-Katsina and Sama’ila Bakajin Bari were killed.

However, the main leader who is known as Nasanda narrowly escaped with ‘fatal injuries’.

Read also

Apprehension in Anambra as gunmen attack vigilance office, kill five

Yusuf said that Isan Heshi, a close ally of a notorious bandit called Nagala, was also neutralised during the operation.

Weapons recovered

According to him, items recovered in the second phase include 4,600 rounds of ammunition, two AK-103 rifles, eight AK-47 magazines, 1,628 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 54 rounds of PKM as well as one motorcycle and five Techno mobile phones.

Speaking on the operations, the COAS, Attahiru, congratulated the GOC and troops of the 8 Division for the gains made so far and urged them to sustain their offensive operations until Zamfara and neighbouring states are stabilised.

Nigerians react

Faruq Musa Muhammad commented on Facebook:

"May the Almighty God of Creation help our gallant troops in the battlefield to defeat criminals and terrorists, Amen!"

Oluwaseun Faniyi said, referring to the bandits' leader said to have escaped with injuries:

"Why must he escape with gunshot wound you people must find him please may God protect the Nigeria army"

Read also

Fierce battle in Imo state as security forces kill 11 ESN/IPOB fighters

Ajibola Olushola said:

"I love our security forces, keep up the good Job."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news

In other news, the Nigerian Army said its troops have continued to record success in the fight against insurgency as they pounce on terrorists in the northern region of the country.

The spokesperson, 3rd Brigade Nigerian Army in Kano state, Captain Njoko Irabor on Sunday, May 9, confirmed that some terrorists were recently arrested.

Irabor in a statement said that the arrest was made possible when the troops stormed a mosque and some houses located in Filin Lazio, Hotoro Area of Kano metropolis on Saturday evening, May 8.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel