- Women have been counselled not to remove their pubic hair because it has a significant role
- The advice was given by A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, expert and author of a book
- Going further, she added that pubic hair has a function in terms of sexual arousal
A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, has urged women not to remove their pubic hair because it can cause “microscopic trauma” that can lead to infections.
According to her, pubic hair has a purpose though the importance is not fully understood, BBC reports.
Going further, the expert said it also has a role in sexual arousal because each pubic hair is attached to a nerve ending.
“Pubic hair has a function, it is probably a mechanical barrier and protection for the skin,” she said.
“It may also have a role in sexual functioning because each pubic hair is attached to a nerve ending, that’s why it hurts to remove it."
According to her, here are the reasons why women have been encouraged not to remove the hair.
1. It can cause “microscopic trauma” that can lead to infections.
2. It is necessary to protect the skin by acting as a barrier against the outside world.
3. It may also have a role in sexual functioning because each pubic hair is attached to a nerve ending and that it is involved in the release of pheromones, chemicals that trigger arousal.
Many women, however, believe that removing the air is more hygenic with others claiming it is what their partners want.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that Hollywood starlet Lupita Nyong'o is known for her ebony skin, athletic body, magnificent voice and talent in acting.
But there is one more character trait she has that a lot of her fans knew nothing about.
Lupita can dance...and not just dance, she can whine her wasp-like waist better than a Jamaican woman.
Just recently, a new dance challenge dubbed Jorochallenge popped up in everyone's Instagram timeline including the actress's.
Also, popular Nigerian actor Zubby Michael has revealed that he does not have a girlfriend because he is scared of women.