Meghan Markle opens up about name change on son's birth certificate

Meghan Markle opens up about name change on son's birth certificate

- Meghan Markle has opened up about rumours stating she wanted her name to be removed from her son's birth certificate

- Markle's spokesperson confirmed that the editing of her name on Archie's birth certificate was dictated by The Palace

- Just months after the incident with the birth certificate, she and Prince Harry left the royal family

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

After Meghan Markle's name was removed from her son's birth certificate, there was tons of uncertainty. It has now been revealed that "Rachel Meghan" was replaced by "Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex" because of palace rules.

It's been reported that the editing of Markle's name on Archie's birth certificate in 2019 was dictated by The Palace. Markle's spokesperson confirmed that she and Prince Harry had not requested the name change.

Reports say that just months after Markle's name change on the birth certificate, the Sussex's had quit the royal family.

Read also

Fans react to news that Tyler Perry paid late Cicely Tyson twice her asking price

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Meghan Markle, defies royal rules, removes names from son's birth certificate Export
Reports say that Meghan Markle had not requested to have her name removed from her son's birth certificate. Image: Henk Kruger / Pool / AFP and Dominic Lipinski /AFP
Source: UGC

Daily Mail reported that Markle's name was changed on the birth certificate on June 6, a month after Archie's birth. The report continued by saying that Markle's name change was previously thought to be a nod to the late Princess Diana.

A report by Elle stated that Markle's spokesperson said that claims of Markle wanting to be nameless on her son's birth certificate would be laughable if they were not offensive.

Legit.ng previously reported on the Duchess and Duke of Sussex after they spoke about their son and life during the global pandemic. They shared some intimate details about their life during the lockdown while in an interview with Pakistani activist, Malala Yousafzai.

PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly

Read also

Cicely Tyson: World mourns after iconic actress dies at 96 years

The interview was had in light of International Day of the Girl Child, which America is observing.

During the live chat interview, Meghan shared with Malala that she thought that the coronavirus pandemic was robbing young girls of their right to education as well as their childhood. She also emphasised on the value educated young girls can have on their community.

"When young girls have access to education, everyone wins and everyone succeeds. It just opens the door for societal success on a whole new level," she said during the candid interview.

Markle also previously spoke about breastfeeding Archie. She compared breastfeeding her child to "running a marathon". The 39-year-old opened up about a significant number of things in a web recording with her spouse, Prince Harry, for World Mental Health Day.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on Legit.ng News App

Meghan spoke about their royal trip to South Africa last year and how balancing her duties and motherhood took its toll. The Duchess recalled the moment a journalist asked her on camera if she was okay during the tour, an interview that was widely publicised.

Read also

Chelsea fans show displeasure with unusual sign outside Stamford Bridge after sacking of Lampard

She said at that point she was defenceless on the grounds that she was worn out. Baby Archie was a just mere four and a half months old at the time of royals' SA tour.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel