- President Buhari has explained how the attacks in Katsina and Borno states occurred
- According to the president, the coronavirus lockdown was used as an avenue to carry out violence
- The president described the incident which also occurred in his own state, Katsina, as a tragic loss to the country
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
President Muhammadu Buhari has blamed the recent killings in Borno and Katsina states on the current coronavirus lockdown across the country.
The Nigerian leader made this assertion during his national broadcast on Friday, June 12 on the occasion of Nigeria's 21st anniversary of a return to civilian rule.
The president, who expressed regret at the attacks, described the loss of several lives in the attacks as tragic. He also assured that the security agencies will bring the attackers to justice.
Buhari pleaded with states to help the security agencies with critical intelligence to prevent the reoccurrence of such gory attacks in the future.
President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier commiserated with the people of Nigeria over the sad incident.
The incident, which occurred in Gubio village, deeply shocked the president, his media aide Garba Shehu, said.
Shehu said President Buhari also called on the military to bring back all those they kidnapped and a large number of cattle rustled.
Legit.ng reported also that at least 50 persons were feared dead following a fresh attack on Kadisau town in Faskari local government area of Katsina state.
No fewer than hundreds of residents of Yan Tumaki in Danmusa local government area of Katsina state on Tuesday, June 9, took to the streets of the town to protest repeated attacks by bandits on the community.
The protesters, comprised grown-up men and children, blamed President Buhari and Governor Aminu Wasari for the spate of insecurity in the state.
Hundreds of motorists and commuters were stranded at Yankara town in Faskari local government area of Katsina state on Thursday, June 11.
This was due to the protest by irate youths who took to the streets over an earlier attack on their communities which led to the death of over 60 people.
The access road was barricaded by the protesting youths who had placards with messages accusing the President Buhari-led government and security agencies of neglect.
Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry | Legit TV