Have you ever gone into the kitchen at night and seen insects on the table or floor? Want to know how to get rid of cockroaches and hated new neighbors? Then read an article detailing how to get rid of cockroaches forever easily.
Cockroaches in the apartment: the causes and signs
To exterminate cockroaches and not to recollect their existence, it is not easy to find an effective remedy to control them. It is important to understand how you came to have them. There are several reasons:
- Increased humidity and water. These insects can live for a long time without food, but water is vital for them. With a leaky toilet, constant accumulation of fluid in the sink, or bathroom, there is a strong chance of cockroaches.
- Food leftovers, crumbs, greasy footprint on a table or cooking plate, dirty cockroach dishes - it's the ideal place to recharge. They may emerge when there is broken cereal in the cupboard or when the rubbish is stored in the house for several days.
- Even if you are an ideal housewife and wash everything down to a creaky finish, how to take cockroaches out of the apartment can be a hot topic for you. The culprits are usually dirty neighbors. If it is impossible to reach your neighbors, it is advisable to shut down any insect access to your house. Repairing existing cracks and cracks and installing mesh grills on the ventilation exits.
- Getting rid of cockroaches may be necessary if a shop is nearby. It is quite common to use the first floors of residential houses to store goods. Trading spaces quickly become breeding grounds for baleen insects. Cockroaches enter the apartment through ventilation shafts, stairwells, and walls.
- It is not uncommon for a red-headed neighbor cockroach and his family to appear after people have returned from a trip. You can bring the insect along with your belongings because not all hotels or trains adhere to all sanitary norms 100%. Pests enter your luggage and easily enter your apartment.
You know, I will say from my experience that once we have established the cause, it is much easier to eliminate the consequences. Think and see where the unwanted insects may have come from in the apartment. And then choose an effective remedy for cockroaches.
Getting rid of cockroaches by folk methods
I believe that if cats, dogs, and other pets, as well as relatives, live together with you, people's recipes will become an optimal option. When it comes to how to produce cockroaches, these techniques will be more gentle and loyal than chemical treatment.
Popular remedies are equally effective at killing pests but do not harm human health. Consider the best available and effective options for dealing with cockroaches:
How to catch cockroaches: Freezing
When your baleen neighbors have arrived in winter, I recommend using a low temperature against them. It is harmful to insects. For example, cockroaches are unable to reproduce at + 7 ° C, whereas at - 5 ° C, they die.
I recommend that you to kill insects, which can come from not just a kitchen or bathroom but also from cracks on the walls or ventilation, on frosty days. The best way to do this is when outside temperatures reach above -10 ° C. In this case, we can be 100% sure that the Prussians died, not simply moved to a warmer place.
Killing cockroaches at this temperature outside the window can be done in a couple of minutes. This means making the room draughty: opening all the windows and doors so that frosty air starts to circulate around the apartment.
The room should be left in that state for at least four hours. They advise you to wait overnight with family or friends in order to freeze your apartment. In these conditions, insects will struggle to survive: freezing is an excellent remedy for cockroaches and their larvae.
What to do if you get cockroaches: how to get rid of them with plants
The pungent scent of specific plants and herbs is able to scare cockroaches away. I recommend keeping plants such as:
- Laurel Leaf, a natural insect repellent that repels insects because of its composition, in the house. To use, slice the leaves in your hands to intensify the odor, and layout the crumb in each room. Additionally, it's possible to cook on the basis of bay leaves. Use it to brush all surfaces and hard-to-reach sockets in the house to remove balding guests.
- Pyretrum, or chamomile. Use a shredded plant. Fill the mixture with pests and treat the likely cockroach-infested areas.
This safe way is actually effective when you are asking: How do you get cockroaches out? Feedback can be read on any website where people share their opinion on the tried-and-tested remedies.
How to bring out cockroaches with essential oils
As we found out in the last block, if you don't know how to pickle cockroaches, sharp and corrosive smells will help with this kind of situation. I recommend adding several drops of essential oil of eucalyptus or cedar to the water during floor washing.
This solution can wipe down various surfaces in the house to prevent the emergence of pests. Another option is to place cotton discs soaked in essential oil in areas where cockroaches live.
How to get rid of cockroaches chemically
Chemical remedies will help in the fight against cockroaches. So:
How to poison cockroaches with plaster and alabaster
The plaster and alabaster will help to destroy the insects when you have cockroaches in your house. How to control pests this way? It will require a bit of guile as it will have to be inside the insect's body. It is best to mix plaster and alabaster together with a little flour, boiled yolks, or water. Place the product in the areas where most insects occur, and expect it.
How can I get rid of cockroaches with boric acid and bores?
This method is the budget and simple. Once inside the given components cause malfunction of the vermin's nervous system. The result is that a black or red neighbor is killed or left paralyzed by blocking nerve impulses.
Again, you have to get the bugs to eat the killer by mixing the acid with the food. We prepare the bait that I used to hatch pests:
- mix 1 tbs of Boric acid and 1 tbs of sugar powder. We make bait aromatic using vanilla essence or vanilla;
- use boiled yolks mixing them with boron powder;
- make puree from one large-sized potato. Add the boiled egg and 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Set bait in the pest hotspots and limit access to water and other food. After a while, you will find only lifeless corpses of cockroaches who have been treated with a dangerous medicine.
How can you fight cockroaches using turpentine, kerosene, or other insect repellents?
Then a radical way to get rid of cockroaches would be to add turpentine, kerosene, or denaturation to the water the floor washes.
This means you can wipe furniture, appliances, and other surfaces. But be warned, as these tools are dangerous not only to cockroaches but also to humans. Places treated with such substances should not be inhabited until they are wind away.
Cockroaches in the home: Prevention
To prevent cockroaches from entering the house, you must be proactive from time to time. Main methods of preventing the appearance of bugs include:
- Blocking the way to the apartment, if cockroaches have become a neighbor. My recommendation is to fit on a ventilation grid, to eliminate gaps near pipes and drains, to patch holes in walls, on the floor, near window openings.
- Storage of products in air-tight boxes. After eating, wash the dishes immediately and remove any leftover food from the table. Make sure the crumbs don't fall to the floor or sweep it immediately.
- Wash the bowl of a dog or a cat thoroughly after the animal has eaten. If there is a pet in the house, make sure that, after eating, there are no food particles on the floor.
- Buying a bin that has a tightly-closing lid. The solution prevents insects from entering the home and spreading bacteria.
- Closing all liquid tanks. For cockroaches to survive, they need water, so take care to avoid excess humidity. My advice is to wipe the bath and sink dry.
Such simple advice would help prevent the emergence of hateful cockroaches in the apartment, which carry bacteria and frighten others. With clean water and basic hygiene, it is possible to forget the existence of these insects forever. Good luck!