Considering other people's wishes and desires is the foundation of healthy communication in our society. If someone wants to be valued highly, they need to give this attitude back to other people. These inspirational respect quotes will help you to learn how to show regard for other people and yourself.
Respect is not only a feeling of admiration for someone but also regard for other people's wishes and rights. There are many various understandings of this term, and the following quotes about respect will help you see what it truly means to have this feeling towards others and yourself.
Respect is earned quotes
Through lessons in life, we learn that you should earn consideration instead of demanding it just because of your status. Treating people right will get you the same in return. Many respect others quotes mention that this treatment should be earned by being a good and caring person.
- "I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university." - Albert Einstein
You need to treat everyone equally despite their social status.
- "It is not grey hair that makes one respectable but character." - Rana Junaid Mustafa Gohar
Age is not a defining factor in caring about a person's opinions and feelings.
- "Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." - Thomas Paine
If you think about your most basic rights, you will realise that every single human wants the same for themselves.
- "Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given." - Hussein Nishah
Sometimes people forget that how they treat others is exactly what they will be getting back.
- “Have a big enough heart to love unconditionally, and a broad enough mind to embrace the differences that make each of us unique.” - D.B. Harrop
Diversity is important in this world, and embracing one another's differences is something that some humans are still mastering.
Respect women quotes
Women have been through a lot of mistreating and discrimination over the years. Even now, they have to face harmful stereotypes and disregard on a daily basis. These respect woman quotes are important for understanding that ladies play a valuable role in our lives and deserve the best treatment.
- "If you want to be treated like a king, then treat your woman like a queen." - Anonymous
The rule "treat others the same way you want to be treated" also applies in romantic relationships.
- “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” - Victor Hugo
Listening and being attentive to her emotions is the best way to show a woman that you take her feelings into consideration.
- “It’s her right to be treated with love and dignity.” - Anonymous
Women's primary right is to be treated with dignity.
- “The measure of any society is how it treats its women and girls.” - Michelle Obama
When you think about it, every society's development can be measured by the way it treats ladies.
- "Stop teaching your daughters how to defend themselves from the unwanted advances of men. Instead, teach your sons how to respect and value a woman." - Anonymous
Women often have to deal with unwanted advances, and while self-defence is important, the problem should be approached from its roots.
Respect your parents quotes
Our parents are the ones who gave us life, and it is always important to remember and acknowledge their contribution to our existence.
- "When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth." - Mitch Albom
A mother's love has no equivalent, and this alone should be a valid reason to value your parents.
- "We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves." - Henry Ward Beecher
When you give birth to a child, you start seeing many things in a different way.
- “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” - Oscar Wilde
This quote is important because our parents are human, and sometimes it can be hard to forgive their faults. However, treating them with dignity makes you a bigger person.
- “Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.” - Anonymous
Parents sacrifice a lot to provide the best life to their child. Showing them your appreciation and gratitude is incredibly important.
- “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.” - Anonymous
Sometimes, we are so caught up in our business that we may not think about our parents who are also going through important changes in their lives.
Self respect quotes
One person that you should always remember to respect is yourself. Treating yourself right is just as important as doing it to everyone else. If you need a reminder about it right now, here are some respect yourself quotes.
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” - Buddha
Some people seek approval from others but forget about taking care of themselves.
- “It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” - Germany Kent
Focusing on the positives in life can free you of destructive mindsets.
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” - Lucille Ball
Once you love yourself unconditionally, it becomes so much easier to get through life.
- "The great thing in the world is not so much to seek happiness as to earn peace and self-respect." - Thomas Huxley
Once you reach your inner peace and take care of yourself, you will be one step closer to reaching your ultimate happiness and obtaining a healthy mindset.
- "The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself." - Rita Mae Brown
Someone who always relies on other people's approval ends up losing themselves in a sea of opinions.
- "You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens." - Louise Hay
Being hard on ourselves definitely does not work. So why not at least try being kind and forgiving to yourself? The results may be surprising.
- "If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." - Jack Kornfield
Nobody is perfect. For sure, it is hard to forgive yourself, especially when your mind is making a huge deal out of them, but it is an important thing that will help you reach inner peace.
- "The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off." - Robert Hand
Those who love themselves do not need to wear masks and hide who they really are in front of others.
- "Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual; you have an obligation to be one." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Each one of us is unique and individual, and diminishing yourself for who you are, as well as trying to be someone else, is very toxic and destructive.
- "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter." - Bernard Baruch
People who value you will appreciate you the way you are and help you be the best version of yourself. Those who have no consideration of your feelings should not matter to you.
This list of quotes on respect included not only general sayings but also specific ones about parents, women and self-love. We believe that these beautiful love and respect quotes will help you understand how to treat other people and yourself with dignity.