Bible verse about serving God with joy will help you understand christian service better. People believe that every Christian is called to bear responsibility for his personal spiritual growth, as well as service in his family, local church, and society. Also, the New Testament states that every Christian is endowed with spiritual gifts from God. These gifts determine his place with the Body of Christ (the Church) and are unique tools for serving others.
So learn these Bible verse in serving God and find out what you can do!
Bible verses about serving God with all your heart
- 1 Samuel 12:24: Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.
- Colossians 3:23-24: Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58: Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
- Romans 12:1: I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
- Matthew 6:24: “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
- Deuteronomy 13:4: You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.
- 2 Corinthians 9:7: Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- 1 Peter 2:9: But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- Mark 10:45: For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Malachi 3:18: Then once more you shall see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him.
- 1 Chronicles 28:9: “And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.
- 1 Timothy 4:12: Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
- Colossians 3:17: And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Colossians 3:23: Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
- Matthew 6:20-24: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
- James 1:27: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
- Galatians 5:13: For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
READ ALSO: Bible verses about the power of faith
- Ephesians 6:7: Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man,
- 1 Peter 4:10: As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:
- 1 Timothy 1:12: I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service,
- John 12:26: If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
- Psalm 27:5: For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
- Joshua 24:15: And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the Gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the Gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
- Romans 12:11: Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
- Mark 9:35: And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”
- Hebrews 6:10: For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- Joshua 1:8: This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
- Ephesians 6:1-24: Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ…
- Matthew 20:28: Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Matthew 20:1-24:51: “For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the marketplace, and to them he said, ‘You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went. Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same. ...
- Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Joshua 22:5: Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
- Luke 6:38: Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
- Matthew 23:11: The greatest among you shall be your servant.
- Hebrews 9:14: How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
- Matthew 25:40: And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
- Philippians 2:1-11: So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus...
- 2 Corinthians 4:5: For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
Service is not a duty or a job, but a way of life. You don't have to be a pastor, you can be a good entrepreneur, earn money, help churches and people due to it. Everyone has their own gift. We hope that these Bible verse about passion in serving God have helped you understand yourself better.
READ ALSO: Is smoking a sin in Islam and Christianity?