KongaPay is an extremely easy and convenient way to pay on Konga.com and outside this website. Ever since it was introduced, people instantly notice how good it is for making payments. If you are still new to this payment method, here is a detailed guide on what is KongaPay and how to use it.
What is KongaPay all about?
Many people in Nigeria have been asking “what is KongaPay?”, and here is the answer. KongaPay is a simple a method of paying for items and getting paid. This platform suggests people who like paying online a lot of convenient options that they would enjoy. You should sign up to the website KongaPay.com and start your experience with this paying platform.
Registration on this website is incredibly easy. You should just go through a simple and quick process, and you instantly will be introduced to the features of KongaPay. There are two types of accounts that you can create – KongaPay Classic and KongaPay Premium. If you want to create a KongaPay Classic account, you will have to enter your name, phone number (which will be followed by the one-time password verification), birth date, gender, and home address. In case you would like to make a KongaPay Premium account, you should enter your name, birth date, gender, home address, card/bank account details, and BVN.
To register, you should follow some steps:
- Download the KongaPay app on App store or Google Play. In case you prefer working from a laptop, it is enough just to go on the official website, Kongapay.com.
- Enter the personal details, which will include your name and other information.
- Then, you should create a Pin-code and enter the code of verification, which will be sent to your mobile.
- Congratulations, you now have your own KongaPay account.
You only register once, which means you will not have to enter all these details all over again when you are paying for something – the system will remember them. If you chose the KongaPay Classic account option, you should keep in mind that your transactions can only be made if your e-wallet is funded by the other user of KongaPay.
What is OTP and how to get it?
OTP (one time password) is usually sent to the phone number or e-mail, which you have registered when you created the account. This password is sent quickly – it takes a few seconds to receive it. In case you are not getting your one-time password for some reason, you can use the option “Resend OTP” on KongaPay.
Linking the bank card
It does not take a lot of effort or time to link the cards. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to log into your KongaPay account using the unique 4-digit pin-code and your phone number.
- Then, your next step will be linking the bank card (Visa/Mastercard) to the KongaPay account. For that, you will need to add the card details from the settings page.
- Afterward, you will have to enter the KongaPay pin code and the one-time password (which is often abbreviated as OTP), which is sent to your mobile phone. These steps are necessary if you want to complete the card to account linking successfully.
- To make sure that you are the owner of the card, the small charge will be made (about N50-N300), and the transaction will appear on the bank statement.
- When you have done checking the bank statement, you will have to input the amount of money on the setting page. This way, you will complete the card verification.
- Keep in mind that sometimes it will take a few days before the amount that was charged will appear in the bank statement, or before you receive a transaction alert from the bank. Also, remember that before the card is verified, you will only be limited to N20,000 for your purchases.
Linking the bank account
Except for the card, you can also link your bank account to make your payments on KongaPay easier. For that, you will need to follow the instructions:
- First of all, you should log in to the KongaPay account with the help of your mobile phone number and pin-code.
- Then, open the settings page, and choose the Bank submenu. You will have to enter your name and account number.
- To complete the request, the details that you have entered will be verified at the bank, then validated with the help of one-time password and KongaPay pin-code. The OTP will be sent to the phone number, which is linked to the bank account.
- When the OTP is sent to your mobile number, you should input it. Then, enter the KongaPay pin-code. The system will authenticate them and link your account.
Why is all that information collected for a sign-up?
When the person creates a new account on KongaPay, the website wants to be completely sure that they are who they are claiming to be, that is why the site uses the special BVN service for verification of all the information about the users. When you make the account, you will instantly notice how convenient it is to use the KongaPay service. You will not have to enter all the information about yourself all over again when you make a new payment. This is one of the reasons why you only input all that information for once when you sign up into KongaPay. The website workers even came up with a proverb “You only KongaPay once”.
What to do if it says “one or more of your details is incorrect”?
This is a frustrating thing to see when this appears after entering the correct mobile number, which is linked to your BVN. This is usually a mistake caused by the errors of the bank records and the information that the bank directed to the BVN service. In order to fix this unpleasant error, you will need to get in touch with your bank. You have to make certain that all the bank records are reflecting the number that you expect to see. Also, you should check if there is no error with your date of birth. Either way, the KongaPay service is trying hard to fix this inconvenience.
The safety of your bank information: how can it be guaranteed?
You always control your own bank information. There can not be any debits on your account when you first logged in to it with the help of your KongaPay pin-code and e-mail/phone verification. This can be compared to having two keys to the door from your house. The site does not store the payment information which is sensitive. The verification is for the information that you provide against the database of your bank.
When you have forgotten your pin-code, the website needs proofs that it was you who made this request. This is the quick and painless way to make you verify the information about yourself and your account, which you have entered upon signing up. KongaPay is a regulated operator of mobile money, and maintains the same standards of security that your bank does – they are required by CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria).
There are some important transaction limits that you need to know about. They are required by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The transactions made from your KongaPay account are limited according to the following rules:
- If you use KongaPay Lite, your maximum transaction limit will be N3,000 per transaction. Your maximum daily limit will be N30,000 per day.
- If you are a user of KongaPay Classic, your maximum transaction limit will be N10,000 per transaction. Your maximum daily limit will be N100,000 per day.
- If you have a KongaPay Premium account, your maximum transaction limit will be N100,000 per transaction. Your maximum daily limit will be N1,000,000 per day.
The limits that are listed above apply only to those transactions that you have made from the KongaPay account. Keep in mind that the bank’s limits per transaction/day still apply.
To get the best KongaPay experience, you are recommended to upgrade the account to KongaPay Premium. It will give you a lot of features that are not available to the other level users. It can be done really easily – through the “Settings” bar on the mobile app or website.
Adding the banking details on KongaPay Classic
Sometimes, when you are trying to complete a certain payment, and there are not enough funds in the wallet (which can be funded by another user of KongaPay, regardless of their level), you can be prompted to add the banking details and link the account to the KongaPay account to finish the transaction. In order to link the banking details to the KongaPay account, you should simply log in to the website version or app, go to “Settings” bar and select the option “Add bank or card”, then fill in the needed fields. This process is nothing difficult.
READ ALSO: What is KongaPay?
Difference between KongaPay Classic and KongaPay Premium
There are a few different levels on KongaPay, depending on the user’s preferences and choices. Here, we will compare KongaPay Classic to KongaPay Premium and give you a few reasons why they are different.
- The users of KongaPay Classic have the maximum N10,000 per transaction, while in case of the KongaPay Premium users this number is extended to N100,000.
- The daily limit of KongaPay Classic users is N100,000, and if you have upgraded to KongaPay Premium, the number increases to N1,000,000.
- If you use the Classic plan, the transaction can not be completed if you have no funds in the wallet. On the other hand, if you are a user of the Premium plan, your transactions can be completed even if you have no funds in your wallet.
- The Classic user can only have their wallet funded by another user of KongaPay. The Premium user can also be funded by the person who owns the account, as well as the other users of KongaPay.
- The Classic clients can get a maximum of N1000 discount per month on various Konga.com purchases, money transactions for airtime, and the subscriptions for GOTV and DSTV. However, if you are a user of Premium plan, this maximum will be multiplied twice, increasing to N2000.
Auto-renewal option for TV subscription
You can opt for the TV subscription renewal quite easily. To do that, you should follow the simple instructions:
- Select the option “Services” from your app on mobile, or click on the TV subscription on your dashboard.
- Choose the preferred subscription plan (pick between DSTV and GOTV).
- Input the card number.
- Tick the “Auto-renewal” box, if you would like the payment for your TV subscription to be made every month.
- In case you have no information for the card on your account, there will be a prompt for you to update the card information.
- Then, you will be requested to enter the pin-code and one-time password.
- You are done! Now, your TV subscription will be auto-renewed every month.
In case you for some reasons change your mind, the auto-renewal option can always be canceled. For this, you should go to the “Settings” bar on the mobile app or desktop website and choose the “Active Subscriptions” option. You will have a chance to see all the active subscriptions and cancel the ones that you do not want anymore. This process can be done both on mobile and desktop.
Registration problems on KongaPay
In case you have certain errors when you register for the KongaPay site, they are most likely connected with the BVN issues. For resolving them, you should contact the bank account worker, and confirm that the birth date and phone number which are connected to your BVN are accurate and correct, and there are no mistakes made when you have entered them upon KongaPay registration.
There is a drop-down list of the currently active banks. In case you do not see your bank on this list, this might be happening because KongaPay is currently having problems connecting to this bank. In case of connection trouble, the KongaPay system can temporarily disable the certain banks from the drop-down and work until the connection to these banks is restored.
Compromised bank details
In case you feel like your bank details are at risk, you should immediately contact the number 0809 999 0295 in order to report the issues. You have to remember that KongaPay only takes money from your account when you log in, input the KongaPay pin-code along with the one-time password, and then confirm the transaction.
Multiple accounts on KongaPay
Even though it sometimes feels like it would be convenient to have multiple KongaPay accounts, it is not possible on the payment platform. Every single KongaPay account is linked to the certain BVN number, that is why you can't have few accounts at once.
How long is the KongaPay payment processed?
The payments on KongaPay are quick and painless – you do not have to wait a long time for them. They happen instantly after you have completed the operation.
The types of transactions on KongaPay
The KongaPay platform can be used as a way to pay for various goods and certain services. To see what you can do with the KongaPay account, you should check the dashboard of your app in order to see the merchants which are available on your platform. The recurring payment can also be set for the merchants and services that you have chosen.
Making a payment using KongaPay: how to do it?
The process of making a payment with the help of KongaPay is not difficult at all – once you make one payment, you will be making all the others with pleasure. If you want to pay online, then follow the instructions:
- Launch the app KongaPay or go to the desktop website kongapay.com.
- Log in to the application or website with your pin-code and mobile number.
- Click the option “pay”.
- Now, you have a few choices: either scan the QR code, add the code of the merchant ID that you are about to pay for, or enter the name of the particular merchant in the tab “name”.
- Then, confirm the transaction and authorize it by entering the pin-code and one-time password that is sent to your mobile number by the bank.
- Congratulations, you have done everything right, and now the amount of money from the transaction will be taken off from your card, account, or wallet.
You can also make the offline payments. For this, you should complete the following steps:
- Take the KongaPay MPOS device from the merchant.
- Confirm the amount of money that will be taken away by this transaction.
- Authorize by entering the pin-code and one-time password, as usual.
- Click the option “pay”.
- The amount of money that you paid for the transaction will be debited from the account.
Transaction alerts on KongaPay
You will be receiving the notification for every transaction that you have carried out with the help of KongaPay. The notifications will be either sent to your e-mail or appear as push alerts on your KongaPay app.
The app safety measures
To keep your KongaPay app safe and secure, you should never disclose the KongaPay pin-code and one-time passwords to anyone else, even the people who work at the bank. Also, when you feel like your personal details were hacked, or you accidentally disclosed them to someone who is not supposed to know them, you should think of changing the pin-code as soon as possible.
Losing your phone: what to do?
There are different situations in life – sometimes the phone can be stolen or missing. If this has happened to you, you should contact the KongaPay support (either call 0809 999 0295 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org), and ask to block your KongaPay account.
The failed transactions
Sometimes, the transactions can be failing, and there are multiple reasons for it. For example, here are a few reasons why the bank can decline the transactions:
- The bank is currently experiencing certain problems with network or server.
- It is not possible to complete this transaction with your current account balance.
- The daily maximum limit that is given to you by your bank for KongaPay payments was exceeded.
- Your card has a debit restriction. This happens to some accounts, for example, the salary ones. To make sure there are no restrictions on your card, you should contact the bank.
- If the card is linked to a few accounts at once, you should make sure that both of them have enough funds to complete the transactions. KongaPay is unable to determine the account that will always be charged by default.
If you are experiencing any kind of problems and want to consult the KongaPay specialist, you can either send an e-mail to the address email@example.com or call 0809 999 0295.
Raising a dispute
If you have a certain dispute with a transaction, you are recommended to complete the next steps:
- Log in to your app.
- Click the link “Transactions”, that appears on the dashboard.
- Choose the transaction that you were having issues with.
- Report the issue by clicking the report button.
- Enter the reason why you want to resolve this issue.
- The e-mail will be sent to all the parties, and they will have to come to a certain agreement. If it is not reached, then KongaPay will need to look closer into the problem and give a resolution.
Refund for canceling the order
If you cancel the order before it is shipped, you will get an automatic refund. This will happen if you have got a valid account on KongaPay. If you have decided to return the item after delivery, you will be automatically refunded after the validation of your return.
Bank name mismatch
Sometimes, when you are setting up the bank, you can see this error. You should not be worried – it happens because the name that was entered on the KongaPay platform and the name on your card/bank account are different. To solve this problem, you should provide an identification document scanned copy where your name is clearly visible. There should be the same name on it as there is on your banking account. You have to send this document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The phone number is linked to the another user
During the registration, you can enter the mobile number to find out that the user with this number already exists on KongaPay. This must mean that you have already registered, and instead of registration, you have to log in with your number and pin-code. If you have not registered with this number and are getting the issue, then you should contact the KongaPay support.
When you have received a refund for something, you can use these funds to purchase another item on the Konga.com website or replace the existing one. For doing that, you should simply choose KongaPay as your payment method. If your expected payment happens to exceed the amount of funds in your wallet, you should not worry – the remaining balance will be taken away from the bank account.
This was a full guide to KongaPay platform, its features and benefits, and how to use it. We hope that you enjoyed the guide. If you have any questions, you can contact the support system of KongaPay.