- Yemi Osinbajo has urged parents and guardians of the kidnapped Lagos School boys not to lose hope
- The acting president assured the parents that the federal government in collaboration with state authorities are working to ensure their safe return
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday, July 23, assured parents and guardians of the kidnapped Lagos school boys of the safe return of the children.
In a series of tweets by Osinbajo's senior special assistant on media and publicity, Laolu Akande, the acting president said federal government was collaborating with the state’s authorities to ensure their safe return.
READ ALSO: President Buhari meets with APC governors and leaders in London (photo)
Osinbajo acknowledged that the parents must be going through trauma over the abduction of the children, but said “there should be no doubt at all about the commitment of government in the matter’’.
Read the tweets below:
Legit.ng previously reported that six students of Igbonla Model college in Epe local government area of Lagos state were abducted.
The kidnappers initially demanded N50 million ransom but stopped communication after three of their gang members were arrested by the police, despite collecting N10 million from the parents of the students.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Watch this Legit.ng TV video of Nigerians sharing their opinion on what should happen to notorious kidnapper Evans.