- A total of twelve petitions have been filed against the emergence of Chukwuma Soludo as the governor-elect of Anambra state
- The petitions were said to have been filed by different political parties that participated in the November 6, governorship election in the state
- According to the tribunal sitting in Anambra, processes and applications on the matter would be addressed after exparte motions have been taken
A tribunal sitting in Awka, the Anambra state capital city will commence hearing of all the petitions filed against the governor-elect of the state, Chukwuma Soludo on Thursday, December 9.
Leadership reports that a total of 12 political parties have filed different suits against the emergence of Soludo as governor-elect of Anambra in the November 6, governorship election.
The secretary of the Anambra state governorship election petition tribunal sitting in the state judiciary headquarters, Surajo Gusau, said only exparte motions would be taken on Thursday, December 9.
Gusau noted that other processes and applications in the matter would be stalled pending when parties involved have been served and their replies received within the stipulated time allowed by the Electoral Act.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Dates for inaugural sitting of tribunal yet to be fixed
Further speaking, Gusau said a date is yet to be fixed for the inaugural sitting of the tribunal to commence.
He said petitions against Soludo's emergence as governor-election had stood at 11 until the Mega Party of Nigeria (MPN) filed its own bringing the total to 12 petitions.
Court dismisses suit challenging Soludo's qualification
The suit dismissed by the court had challenged the qualification of Soludo and Ibezim for the November 6, governorship election in Anambra state.
The court had in its judgement said that the suit was dismissed on the grounds that it lacked merit and was a waste of judicial time.
How Soludo was accused of submitting false information to INEC
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that two individuals, Adindu Valentine and Egwudike Chukwuebuka had approached the Federal High Court in Abuja to disqualify Soludo on the grounds of the alleged false information.
The court which fixed the hearing on the matter for Tuesday, November 30, was also set to deliver judgement after hearing from the parties involved.
According to the duo, the Anambra governor-elect provided false information in the affidavit (Form EC9).
Innocent Chukwuma describes Soludo as a blessing to Anambra state
Anambra prominent automobile manufacturer, Innocent Chukwuma, had described Soludo as a blessing to the state and the people.
Chukwuma also expressed confidence that Soludo's administration will build on the legacies of the outgoing governor, Chief Willie Obiano.
Breaking: Anambra governor-elect Soludo wins big as court dismisses suit challenging his APGA candidacy
He also said that with the industrial clusters proposed by Soludo, there would be opportunities for people to produce more components for his automobile business.