- Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has warned Nigerians against violating COVID-19 protocols
- Boss Mustapha, the chairman of PTF, gave the warning on Monday, January 11, in Abuja
- Mustapha said that travels and religious activities were among the factors that triggered hike in COVID-19 cases in the country
The federal government has revealed the factors that led to the increased figures of coronavirus recorded in Nigeria since November 2020.
Channels TV reports that while addressing the press on Monday, January 11, in Abuja, the chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, said that increased local and international travels were among the major factors responsible for high cases of COVID-19.
Legit.ng gathered that he listed other factors to include increased business and religious activities, reopening of schools without strict compliance with COIVID-19 safety measures.
Mustapha, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), also faulted the attitude of some state authorities to the management of the disease.
He declared that no state in Nigeria is immune to the pandemic even if reports are not coming out of such states.
The PTF chairman urged the people to stay away from activities that can expose them to the virus as the nation’s tally crossed 100,000.
Mustapha announced that the government has concluded plans to roll out the pilot exercise on the use of Rapid Diagnostic Test-Kits (RDTs) next week in five tertiary health institutions in Abuja.
It is, however, very instructive to stress that factors that have contributed to rise in numbers from late November 2020 included increased local and international travels, business and religious activities, reopening of schools without strict compliance with COIVID-19 safety measures.
"The full import of the fore-going is to press further on the need for us all to elevate the level of our vigilance and compliance with the recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the federal government declared that it would review the January 18 earlier date fixed for resumption of schools across the country.
It was reported that the government on Monday, January 11, attributed the decision to the second wave of COVID-19 currently ravaging the country.
The minister of education, Adamu Adamu, disclosed this while answering questions during a press briefing by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja.
Coronavirus: Are Nigerians really afraid of COVID-19? New survey reveals more | - on Legit TV