The pursuit of tranquility is a continuous journey that most people take. Often, our struggles and problems make it seem as if achieving the much-desired peace is an impossible task. In this journey, one can start by making an effort to remain calm and in touch with the present. Checking out some inner peace quotes from people who are well versed in the topic is a significant first step.
There are numerous inner peace quotes that can help you on the journey towards tranquility. While they will not transform you into a worry-free person all of a sudden, they might nudge you into self-reflection and personal growth. Once you have these, the internal storms that deny you peace slowly begin to fade away.
What are some inspirational inner peace quotes?
Here is a look at the best finding peace quotes to help you get closer to achieving serenity in your life.
Peace of mind quotes
How do I find my inner peace? This is undoubtedly one of the most common questions on numerous people's minds. Finding inner peace involves numerous deliberate steps. You can begin by perusing these peaceful quotes and sayings.
- Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past and is, therefore, the means for correcting our misperceptions. – Gerald G. Jampolsky
- When your life is governed by the divine nature instead of the self-centered nature you will find inner peace. – Anonymous
- Never to wrong others takes one a long way towards peace of mind. A guilty person sometimes has the luck to escape detection, but never to feel sure of it. – Seneca
- People who let go of grudges understand the value of inner peace. There is no reason to be bitter or angry when you can just move on and be happy. – Unknown
- Meditation is the most powerful antidote to chaos. Given the chaos in the world today, meditators meditating is one of the greatest ways we can be of service. A resonant field of inner peace is the greatest disruptor of all. – Marianne Williamson
- The freest people in the world are those who have senses of inner peace about themselves: They simply refuse to be swayed by the whims of others and are quietly effective at running their own lives. – Wayne Dyer
- To quieten the mind is no trivial matter. A quiet mind means less worry because the mind is the generator of worry. Your external circumstances might be perfect yet you will not attain peace until you silence your mind. The mind is the cause of worry, not external circumstances. – Anonymous
- The Zen of doing anything is doing it with a particular concentration of mind, a calmness, and simplicity of mind, that brings the experience of enlightenment and, through that experience, happiness. – Chris Prentiss
- The silver lining is that we grow the most during periods of suffering. This is the time to try new techniques for finding inner peace and cultivating the one that works best for you. – Naval Ravikant
- We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel as free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing? – Sri S. Satchidananda
Quotes about peace and love
Here are some fascinating quotes about inner peace and the virtue of love.
- The world is very beautiful and very wonderful. Life can be very easy when love is your way of life. You can be loving all the time. This is your choice. You may not have a reason to love, but you can choose to love because it makes you so happy. Love in action only produces happiness. Love will give you inner peace. It will change your perception of everything. – Don Miguel Ruiz
- Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to inner love; it will transform you; it will divinize you; it will immortalize you. – Sri Chinmoy
- Our life depends on the kind of thoughts we nurture. If our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like. If our attention is turned to the circumstances in which we live, we are drawn into a whirlpool of thoughts and can have neither peace nor tranquility. - Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of inner peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, love and compassion, and elimination of ignorance, selfishness, and greed. – Dalai Lama
- When you can maintain peace and joy within you despite any situation on the outside, you have become the master of everything. – Rhonda Byrne
- Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are. – Hafsat Abiola
- Not being tense but ready. Not thinking but not dreaming. Not being set but flexible. Liberation from the uneasy sense of confinement. It is becoming wholly and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come. – Bruce Lee
- The price of self-knowledge and calm is hardship and suffering. This produces the kind of freedom that money cannot buy, power cannot touch, and fame has nothing to do with. – Thomas Reynolds
- No person or place has any power over us, for 'we' are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives. – Louise L. Hay
- Spirituality is not to be learned by flight from the world, or by running away from things, or by turning solitary and going apart from the world. Rather, we must learn an inner solitude wherever or with whomsoever we may be. We must learn to penetrate things and find God there. – Meister Eckhart
- True happiness is to understand our duties toward God and man, to enjoy the present without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears, but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is abundantly sufficient. – Seneca
What are some excellent tranquility quotes?
If you have often found yourself wondering how to find inner peace, take a look at these fascinating serenity quotes.
- Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there, buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
- To attain inner peace, you must actually give your life, not just your possessions. When you, at last, give your life, bringing into alignment your beliefs and the way you live, then, only then, can you begin to find inner peace. – Anonymous
- The most important thing to become calm is to slow down. The most important thing to be happy is to let go of expectations. The most important thing to find inner peace is awareness. – Maxime Lagacé
- If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world. – Anonymous
- You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory. – J. Donald Walters
- You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was. – Anthon St. Maarten
- Be still. It takes no effort to be still; it is utterly simple. When your mind is still, you have no name, and you have no past, you have no relationships, you have no country, you have no spiritual attainment, you have no lack of spiritual attainment. There is just the presence of beingness with itself. - Gangaji
- When we understand clearly that inner peace is the real source of happiness, and how, through spiritual practice, we can experience progressively deeper levels of inner peace, we will develop tremendous enthusiasm to practice. - Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- Ego says – Once everything falls into place, I will feel inner peace. Spirit says – Find your inner peace, and then everything will fall into place. – Marianne Williamson
- Spirituality is not to be learned by flight from the world, or by running away from things, or by turning solitary and going apart from the world. Rather, we must learn an inner solitude wherever or with whomsoever we may be. We must learn to penetrate things and find God there. - Meister Eckhart
- Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral loose, and free-floating; these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything. – Wayne W. Dyer
- But the self-controlled man, moving among objects, with his senses under restraint, and free from both attraction and repulsion, attains peace. – Chinmayananda Saraswati
Profound quotes about pursuing inner peace
Here is a look at some deep quotes touching on the pursuit of inner peace.
- You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic; true power is restraint. If words control you, that means everyone else can control you; breathe and allow things to pass. – Anonymous
- Forgive the people that did you wrong. They hurt you once; do not let them continue to hurt you. They cannot stop your destiny unless you allow them to. You do not forgive for their sake; you forgive for your sake. – Joel Osteen
- I say to you. You are absolutely free, unconditionally free. Do not avoid responsibility; avoiding is not going to help. The sooner you accept it, the better because immediately you can start creating yourself. And the moment you create yourself great joy arises, and when you have completed yourself, the way you wanted to, there is immense contentment, just as when a painter finishes his painting, the last touch, and great contentment arises in his heart. A job well done brings great peace. One feels that one has participated with the whole. – Osho
- Peace is your basic state of being. It exists prior to worrying thoughts and turbulent emotions. You can access this tranquility anytime. It is always there in the background. To experience it, withdraw your attention from outward spectacle and rest in your inner stillness. – Unknown
- You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you cannot control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone. – Marcus Aurelius
- Peace and quiet make room for real contemplation. Contemplation allows the truth to emerge. Facing the truth would force us to transform. This is why we detest peace and quiet. This is why we sacrifice every quiet moment to trivial distraction. – Anonymous
- When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. – Sri S. Satchidananda
- Reality is neutral. Our reactions reflect back and create our world. Judge and feel separate and lonely. Anger and lose peace of mind. Cling, and live in anxiety. Fantasize, and miss the present. Desire and suffer until you have it. Heaven and hell are right here, right now. – Naval Ravikant
- When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge. – Gerald Jampolsky
Uplifting quotes about seeking inner peace
Here are some well-thought sayings about the pursuit of tranquility and serenity.
- Observe things as they are and do not pay attention to other people. There are some people just like mad dogs barking at everything that moves, even barking when the wind stirs among the grass and leaves. – Huang Po
- Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, and it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend. – Bruce Lee
- If you have peace of mind, when you meet with problems and difficulties, they will not disturb your inner peace. You will be able to employ your human intelligence more effectively. But, if your mental state is disturbed, full of emotion, it is very difficult to cope with problems, because the mind that is full of emotion is biased, unable to see reality. So, whatever you do will be unrealistic and naturally fail. – Dalai Lama
- There is no such thing as peace if you yourself do not have an inner peace about yourself and your actions. Your values, your beliefs, your attitude, and how you live all contribute to that inner peace. If any of these are negative or do not correspond, then inner peace is difficult to achieve. – Catherine Pulsifer
- I love that moment when you are on a long car ride or reading, and you completely zone out, you forget your troubles, everything around you. you are focused on that one thing, you are content, and everything seems peaceful. – Mother Teresa
- Sometimes, I actually experience that there is no outside or inside, that the weather and my feelings are a continuum, that the world is not, cannot be, against me since there is no separation between us. I am the wind and rain. In those moments, I feel peace and joy. – Robert Kull
- Everything that happens helps you grow, even if it is hard to see right now. Circumstances will direct you, correct you, and perfect you over time. So, whatever you do, hold on to hope. The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord. Let hope anchor you in the possibility that this is not the end of your story – that the change in the tides will eventually bring you to peaceful shores. – Marc Chernoff
- The greatest misfortune that can come to a human being is to lose his inner peace. No outer force can rob him of it. It is his own thoughts, his own actions that rob him of it. – Sri Chinmoy
Life can be quite stressful for most people, making serenity seem like a far-fetched dream. It is no surprise then that one of the most common personal goals among people involves finding inner peace. Hopefully, the inner peace quotes outlined above will help you achieve this goal.