You need to know how to talk to girls if you want to up your game and improve your dating life. Without some basic knowledge and tools on how to talk to girls, even pick-up lines and pre-rehearsed stories will not help you. Lack of this skill will only lead to boring talk, which makes a girl lose interest in you fast.
This post bears useful tips and advice on how to talk to a girl you like and are interested in. It does not matter if you want a long-lasting girlfriend or just a quick hook-up; the tips provided will charm her and seal the deal. Learn easy ways to make a move on a girl without any struggles.
How to talk to girls
Talking to girls is a skill which remains a mystery to many guys, especially for those who prefer texting. In real life, such guys tend to have awkward conversations with girls.
You need to learn some skills from great conversationalists to boost your confidence. With more practice, you will get better.
How do you start a conversation with a girl for the first time?
Talking to a girl is not easy, especially if it is the first time you are meeting her. In most cases, nature takes its course, and many guys feel their palms sweating and get a bit nervous. You will be fine if you follow the tips highlighted below.
READ ALSO: Tips on how to woo a girl online
How to start a conversation with a girl: top tips
- Be prepared. Control your behaviour and act natural if you want to make a good impression on a girl.
- Hesitate, then make your approach. Hesitation is typical to a lot of men. Do not let it get in the way of making your move though, take a second and move in.
- Talk to her. Introduce yourself and ask her name. When she responds, reach out your hand and shake it lightly. Do not be awkward about it and make sure to use her name once or twice, so she thinks you are invested in the conversation. Be yourself, stay positive and smile.
- Ask for her number. This is obvious if you want to keep on communicating with her.
- End a conversation on a positive note. Tell the lady you will call and leave her with a smile.
How to talk to a girl you like
As a guy, when talking to a girl whom you are not attracted to, most probably you will feel free and be your true self. However, it is a bit hard when talking to a lady you like who could be your crush.
Talking to someone you are attracted to can be a nightmare, especially if you do not have any idea on what to say. To get started, the most important thing is to make her feel attracted to you. Approach and talk to her confidently and let the conversation flow.
What to talk about with a girl
Different girls have different tastes, but there are some safe topics you can talk to a girl you like about and then soon enough, you can branch off into more exciting stuff. What you say to a woman will influence how you are going to know each other on a deeper level.
READ ALSO: Top types of communication
There are several essential things you can speak to a girl about, for example, culture, hobbies, surroundings and experiences. You can never go wrong with these, especially if it is the first time you are meeting someone.
Ask her basic questions and do not go too deep into her private life. Listen to her answers and respond thoughtfully. Do not talk too much and do not be too silent.
How do you not run out of things to talk to a girl about?
After saying hi and introducing yourself, another challenge is keeping up a conversation. The best way to keep up a conversation is by being real and saying what you think. There are some basic guidelines to help you keep up a good conversation.
How to keep a conversation going with a girl: top tips
- Be honest. When with a lady and an idea pops up in your mind, you should go ahead and say it. Be honest during such conversations and avoid holding back. Playing it safe when talking takes away all the thrill. In a nutshell, speak your mind and do not be scared to mess up because you can always apologise.
- Listen. If you do not listen, then you can quickly run out of things to talk about.
- Do not interview her. As said earlier, it is a conversation, not an interview; therefore, make her laugh, tease her, compliment her but do not use generic jokes. Telling popular jokes will come out as rehearsed and fake.
Things to talk about with a girl
There are some simple things to talk to a girl about:
- Talk about your day. This is one way to keep a conversation flowing, and you can ask about her day and derive more stuff from that.
- Talk about yourself and do not forget to be honest. Be a little corky if what you are saying is true.
- Encourage her to talk about herself, and you can take that chance to throw in a compliment or two.
- Ask her the right questions.
Topics to talk about with a girl
If you like a lady, then you want her to remember you and the conversation you had and that can only be accomplished if you talked about the right things. One more thing which is more important than what you speak about is how you talk. Keep it fun and playful.
Some of the topics you can stick to are the following:
1. Music, movies and art
The trick is not asking too little. If she tells you about her favourite artist, do not stop at that, ask her about her two favourite songs and what they mean to her. This does not just keep the conversation going; it also helps you discover things that both of you are interested in.
2. Your observations about her
Every compliment counts. Let her know that you notice her sense of fashion and what things you find attractive about her. You will be more likely to leave an impact on her.
If there is one thing that can spark a conversation with a woman, it is a relationship-related topic. .
4. What is around you
If you pay close attention to your surroundings, you will find more than enough conversational ammunition. Talk about people and obvious things you can use to spark a conversation.
Always try to direct a conversation in a fun and creative direction. The key is to ask more than just an impersonal list of travel destinations. Ask her about the most interesting place she visited and ask about her experience there. If she has not travelled much, ask where she would go if she could disappear for a month.
You do not have to be an award-winning linguist to learn the perks of how to talk to girls. With the simple and straightforward tips explained above, you will have a pleasant conversation with the lady you like.
READ ALSO: What to talk about with a girl on first date