“Can salt and water prevent pregnancy?” is a very popular question among many ladies. Many women are interested in unconventional methods of contraception. However, you need to know whether such methods work and if they are safe to use before you decide to try them out. In this post, we have gathered the most current information on natural ways to prevent pregnancy using salt water.
So, what should you know about salt and water and their effects when it comes to pregnancy prevention?
Does salt and water prevent pregnancy?
There are many individuals who want to know how to prevent pregnancy. It is unfortunate that there are people who still listen to the so-called “experts” who suggest using methods other than licensed medications or government-approved contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. One such method given is drinking a water and salt solution. Can salt prevent pregnancy?
The answer is 'no'. Neither salt no water can prevent conception. Moreover, when you drinka salt solution, it does not even get to the reproductive system.
There are also stories of successful use of salt for pregnancy prevention. You should not be fooled by them.
Side effects of drinking salt water
Does salt prevent pregnancy? The answer is no. However, this does not mean that drinking salty solutions does not affect one's health. Drinking salty water regularly will almost certainly lead to hypertension. It also increases the risk of poor blood pressure control. Moreover, regular intake of large amounts of salt is harmful for your kidneys.
How to prevent pregnancy naturally
Many women do not like to use contraceptive pills for many reasons, for instance, allergies or weight gain. Therefore, these women seek ways on how to prevent unwanted pregnancy naturally. Well, there are several natural ways to prevent pregnancy. However, you need to know that neither of them gives you 100% protection from conception.
- Papaya. It is reported that to prevent pregnancy naturally, women should eat papaya two times a day for 3-4 days after intercourse. Men should also eat papaya before having intercourse. This fruit is believed to reduce male fertility. Such effect is temporary since reproductive cells will reach their usual levels when a man stops eating papaya.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon is known to cause miscarriage and abortion through muscular stimulation of the uterus. However, such an effect is not instantaneous and requires regular consumption of the substance to manifest. It is also recommended to consult your doctor prior to using cinnamon for such aims.
- Neem. Substances contained in this plant are toxic to the reproductive cells of a man and are able to kill them. Pills with neem extract can cause sterility in men for a certain period of time.
- Buckwheat. This plant is rich in rutin, which inhibits implantation of the fetus. Buckwheat is effective prior to and after sexual intercourse.
- Cotton root bark. Cotton root bark induces the release of oxytocin that stimulates muscles of the uterus. This effectively prevents pregnancy. You can take cotton root bark in the form of tea twice a day.
- Rue. Rue is rich in rutin and pilocarpine which prevent pregnancy by causing early abortion. It should be taken in the form of tea 2-3 times a day.
Salt and water solution will not save you from unwanted pregnancy. Moreover, drinking too much salted water may result in different health complications. There are other natural ways to prevent pregnancy. Various plants have contraceptive properties, though you need to consult your doctor before taking them.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!