GOtv is possibly the best Pay-TV service on the Nigerian market, but it still causes a lot of problems. Anyone who has ever used GOtv has inevitably run into one of the decoder malfunctions or irritating error codes. If you’re one of the people, and you don’t know what to do, we’ve got you covered. Continue reading below to find out the solutions to your GOtv problems!
How to Recharge GOtv
If we were living in the “good old days,” in order to recharge your GOtv you would have to walk to the nearest Multichoice branch available in your area. Next, you’d have to wait in a line and only then would you be able to pay. Thankfully, we live in the Internet era, and you have the option of choosing one of ten methods to recharge GOtv.
Below, you’ll find a detailed step-by-step guide for three of the most popular ways of paying for your GOtv subscription.
1. How to recharge GOtv with Quickteller
- Turn your decoder on
- Go to the Quickteller official website and choose the GOtv option
- Input your email, IUC and phone number, then press “Next”
- Type in your subscriber’s information and check if your IUC number is correct
- Press the “Pay” button and choose your preferred ATM card
- Fill in all the necessary fields (Card Number, Expiration Date, etc.) and input the PIN
- Press the “Pay” button again, and that’s it!
2. How to recharge GOtv with eTranzact
This solution gives you the option to renew your subscription straight from your bank.
- To perform the transaction on your phone, input the following - *389*9*smarcardnumber# and then listen to further instructions.
- To complete this process online, visit the GOtv website
- Choose your country and type in your Smart card number
- Next, press the “View balance and pay” button.
- Click “Pay”, and you’ll find yourself on the Subscription page
- Choose eTranzact and input your bank account number
- Fill in the generated six-digit password and submit payment
- Input *389*00# on your phone and you’ll receive a One-Time Password
- Fill in the OTP and press “Pay” to complete the transaction
3. How to recharge GOtv with GlobalPay
- First, visit the easy.gotvafrica.com/pay page and log into your account
- Choose the payment page and click the GlobalPay option
- Type in all the necessary details
- Press the “Complete Payment” button
- Next, you’ll find yourself on the GlobalPay official website
- Choose your card type and fill in the details before clicking “Pay”
- You’ll find yourself back on the GOtv Eazy page, where you can finish the payment
Those are the three most common ways to recharge your GOtv, but there are also numerous other options which include Paga ePay, Eazy Money, PayU, Stanbic Mobile, Zenith bank Internet banking and payment using USSD codes.
GOtv decoder problems
READ ALSO: DStv Nigeria packages and channels
One of the most common GOtv decoder problems that people have after they’ve recharged their subscription is the Smart card Error. It usually occurs if you haven’t used the service for a while and you are returning to it now. To solve this problem, take the card out and clean it with a tissue before putting it back in. Repeat this process if necessary.
The other two annoying problems are the “No Signal” and “No Service” errors. If you receive the former, be sure to check your antenna. And if you see the “No Service” message and your antenna is in good condition, then the source of the problem lies in the power pack or something happened on the provider’s end.
Tip: Always hold your antenna outdoors to have a better signal.
Another recurring problem is when your GOtv decoder gets stuck, and you can’t switch between channels. In this case, turn off the decoder and turn it on while holding the P+ button. When you see a green light, let go of the P+ button and when it stops flashing press the P- two times and then P+ again twice. This sequence will set in motion the auto-reset function of your recorder. Next, press the “OK” button on the first installation screen and follow the steps written on the screen.
How to clear error code on GOtv
“Error E016” - if you have ever forgotten to prolong your subscription before it expired, you are quite familiar with this message. “Well, I have already paid for my expired subscription, but I still have the E16 Error, what do I do know?” That’s a common question coming from someone still new to the irritating quirks of the GOtv system. Lucky for you, we have three answers to this dilemma.
- To clear the E016 Error code send the following message “RESET IUC to 4688”.
- Go to the http://eazy.gotvafrica.com/?country=Nigeria page. Find the “Clear Error Code” option on it and enter your smart card number. Then, click the “GOtv E16” and type in the displayed code. Press the “Clear Error” button, and that’s it.
- The most efficient, and sadly the most expensive way, is to call Customer Service. They’ll help you reactivate your decoder in no time, but you will be paying for every second of the call.
Friendly reminder: Before going with any of the three methods above, make sure that your GOtv decoder is turned on.
The second error message that leads to frustration of thousands of GOtv users is the E48-32 code. This malfunction may be as a result of either a displaced antenna or if something is wrong in your area as a whole. Before attempting to solve this problem, contact any of your friends who are using GOtv. To clear the E48-32 error code, perform the following actions:
- Make sure that the antenna is securely connected to your decoder.
- Press “Okay” to find out the signal situation. If the “No Signal” message displays on the 23rd, 24th, 27th, and 46th channels move onto the next step.
- Press the buttons in the following sequence – Menu, Advanced Options, Installation and then choose the Auto-scan function.
- If the problem was with your decoder for real, after the scanning is complete, you should have 48 or 52 channels available to you.
Important: The system may require several rescans to find all the channels.
Now you know the solutions to the majority of GOtv errors and can finally enjoy your TV in peace, as well as provide your friends with tips if they should ever encounter the same problems.