Breaking: Ex-Governor Breaks Silence Over Dumping APC Ahead of 2027, "Await My Next Directive"
- Goje addressed supporters at his Gombe residence on Saturday after his name was missing from INEC's final list of 2027 candidates
- The former Gombe governor lost the APC senatorial ticket for Gombe Central to another aspirant ahead of the 2027 general elections
- Goje told supporters he is consulting political stakeholders before announcing his next move
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Legit.ng as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!
Danjuma Goje, the senator representing Gombe Central and former Gombe State governor, has denied plans to leave the All Progressives Congress, even as his name was missing from the Independent National Electoral Commission's final list of candidates for the 2027 general elections.
Goje addressed supporters at his Gombe residence on Saturday, August 22, urging them to stay calm and hold off on any reaction until he was ready to speak definitively.

Source: Twitter
"Do not listen to betrayers, go home, prepare, be loyal to our party leaders and wait for my final order," he told the crowd.

Read also
Breaking: Wike speaks on what may happen to Obi, Atiku, Sowore, others, announces 2027 prediction
He also clarified his position on a possible party switch, saying:
"I am not defecting to any party now, however I am consulting stakeholders, but I promise I will be with my supporters with or without a Senate ticket."
How Goje lost the APC ticket
The senator lost the APC's Gombe Central senatorial primary to Mohammed Ahmed, who emerged as the party's candidate for the district. Goje's supporters had previously rejected a consensus arrangement within the party that removed him from consideration, raising objections about how the process was handled.
INEC's final candidates list, released in August, confirmed his absence from the 2027 senatorial race for Gombe Central, pushing speculation about his future into overdrive. Reports have since emerged that the opposition Peoples Democratic Party made overtures to Goje, offering him its senatorial ticket for the same district.
What comes next for the veteran senator
Goje has represented Gombe Central in the Senate since 2011 and was re-elected for a fourth term in 2023. He also served as governor of Gombe State from 2003 to 2011, making him one of the most prominent political figures in the state.
With his name off the 2027 ballot, focus has shifted to whether he will back another candidate within the APC, seek a platform elsewhere, or sit out the election entirely.
For now, the senator has given no indication of which path he will take, saying only that he is engaged in consultations and will make a formal announcement when the time is right.
Saraki announces 2027 preferred presidential candidate
Previously, Legit.ng reported that Senator Saliu Mustapha, who represents Kwara Central in the National Assembly, claimed that former Senate President Bukola Saraki is working to secure President Bola Tinubu's re-election in 2027, even as Saraki leads the Peoples Democratic Party in Kwara State.
Mustapha made the claim after he defected from the All Progressives Congress to the PDP and secured the party's ticket for the Kwara Central senatorial seat.
Source: Legit.ng
