Tina Majorino is an actress born in California, the United States of America. She stole the hearts of the American audience when she was nine years old with her performance in the film When a Man Loves a Woman.
Very few people find out what they want to become early in life. Tina Majorino is one of those few; she found her part at a very early age and has stuck to it ever since.
After her early success as a child actor, she returned to acting at age 18. Since her return to acting, she has been in television series such as Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, Big Love, and True Blood
- Name: Albertina Marie Majorino
- Age: 35 years
- Date of birth: February 7, 1985
- Place of birth: Westlake, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Mixed
- Height: 5' 5" (1.65 m)
- Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
- Hair colour: Brown
- Eye colour: Blue
- Body measurements: 34-25-33
- Shoe size: 7.5 (US)
- Dress size: 6 (US)
- Father: Robert Majorino
- Mother: Sara Majorino
- Siblings: Kevin (Brother)
- Horoscope: Aquarius
- Marital status: Single
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Children: None
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Actress
- Net worth: $1.5M
Early life and educational background
Tina Majorino was born in Westlake, California, in 1985 to Robert and Sarah Majorino. Her father Robert worked as an estate agent, while her mother is a former professional skater.
Her father is of Cuban, Italian, and French descent. Her mother has Filipino, English, Scottish and German ancestry.
How old is Tina Majorino? Tina Majorino age is 35 years; she has an older brother named Kevin. She and her brother Kevin started a rock band together when they were younger.
Their band was called The AM Project. She was the lead singer in the band while her brother played the drums.
Even though she became a movie star at an early age, her fame did not stop school bullies from coming for her; she was even beaten up at a point. This led to Majorino being homeschooled for most of her high school education. She was an English major in college.
The details of her school and college years are not known to the public, as the actress prefers to keep her personal information away from public knowledge.
Tina Majorino career summary
Before Tina Marie Majorino landed the role of Sophie in the ABC series Camp Wilder in 1992, like many actors in Hollywood, she started her on-screen career in television adverts. After Camp Wilder, in 1994, Majorino starred in her first feature film When a Man Loves a Woman in 1994 She acted alongside Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia in the film.
After her impressive performance in When a Man Loves a Woman, she got a supporting role in Corrina, Corrina in 1994. In Corrina Corrina, She plays Molly, the only child of a man who employs a nanny named Corrina to take care of his daughter. Her father and nanny were played by Ray Liotta and Whoopi Goldberg, respectively.
Also, in 1994, Tina Majorino portrayed Toni in Andre. The film is based on the true story of a Seal named Andre. The Seal travels from Boston to Maine every summer for 23 years, to visit the child who helped rescue him.
In 1995 at age 10, Majorino played the role of Enola in the film Waterworld along-side Kevin Costner and Dennis Hopper. In 1997 Tina Majorino played the role of Crystal Thomas in the film Santa Fe.
Also in 1997, Tina acted in three different TV productions. She played young Euphemia Ashby in True Women; she played Avocet Abigail 'Bird' Jackson in Before Women Had Wings, and Janie Bailey in Merry Christmas, George Bailey.
Her next big project was in 1999 when she played the title role, Alice, in the TV movie Alice in Wonderland. After filming Alice in Wonderland, Tina Mjorino decided to take a break from acting. She was 13 years old when she made the decision.
After five years away from the entertainment industry, Majorino returned to acting. Her first project after her return was her role as Deb in the 2004 cult classic Napoleon Dynamite.
Also, in 2004 she began playing Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie in the TV series Veronica Mars. The series was aired from 2004-2007.
For those who have been asking who played Mac on Veronica Mars? Tina Majorino is the actress that played the character. The character Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie was specifically created for Tina by the show's creator Rob Thomas.
Thomas and Majorino met when she was thirteen. She contacted him then because she was writing about one of his books for a school project. The two promised to work together when she returns to acting.
Majorino acted as Heather Tuttle in the series Big Love in 2006. The series featured Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was her castmate in Waterworld and Amanda Seyfried, who was her castmate in Veronica Mars. She also acted in the movies Think Thank and A Sharp in 2006.
In 2007 she played the role of Michelle Baer Ghaffari in the film What We Do Is Secret. The film is a biopic about late Darby Crash who was a member of the punk rock band Germs.
She played Addy Fisher, one of the lead characters on Deep End in 2010. She could not play the character for long because the show was discontinued by ABC after it was aired for only six episodes.
Majorino returned to television in 2011 with a part in Bones. She acted the role of Special Agent Genevieve Shaw in Bones. She also starred in the music video for the single, F**kin Perfect by Pink.
In 2012, she reprised her role as Deb in the Animated version of Napoleon Dynamite. The same year, she played Molly in season five of HBO's True Blood.
From 2012 to 2013, Tina Majorino portrayed Dr. Heather Brooks in Season 9 and 10 of the popular ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy. Her character died in Season 10 of the series.
In 2014, Tina reprised her character Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie inVeronica Mars movie. The film was mainly financed by fans. Fans of the TV classic raised $5,702,153 through Kickstarter for the production of the film. Unfortunately, the film's bos-office performance was abysmal.
In 2019, Veronica Mars was renewed by Hulu for the fourth season, but Majorino turned down the offer to reprise her famous character, Cindy Mackenzie because her character's appearance in the series was only going to be a cameo.
Who played Florence on Scorpion? Tina Majorino played the role of Florence in 12 episodes of the TV series.
Her most recent acting role was in the TV series Into the Dark. She featured in season two, episode eight of the series. Tina Majorino wrote a children's book when she was 21, but the book is yet to be published.
Tina Majorino has featured in many movies and television shows. Tina Majorino has more than 35 acting credits; she has played diverse roles in different genres in her career.
Tina Majorino movies and TV shows
Here are the productions she has starred in
- When a Man Loves a Woman (1994): She played the role of Jess Green.
- Corrina, Corrina (1994): She played the role of Molly Singer.
- Andre (1994): She played Toni Whitney in film.
- Waterworld (1995): She played the character Enola. She acted alongside popular Hollywood actor Kevin Costner.
- Santa Fe (1997): She featured in the film as Crystal Thomas.
- Napoleon Dynamite (2004): She portrayed Deb in the comedy film.
- Think Tank (2006): Her character in the comedy film was named Sal.
- A Sharp (2006): She played The Daughter in the short drama.
- What We Do Is Secret (2007): She played the role of Michelle Baer Ghaffari in the biographical film.
- Should've Been Romeo (2012): She portrayed the character named Alice.
- Veronica Mars (2014): She played the role of Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie in the film adaptation of the TV classic.
- You, Me & Her (2014): She played Erin in the short film.
- If the Days of the Week Were People (2014): She played Saturday in the short film.
- ABC TGIF (1989): She portrayed a character called Sophie on the show.
- Camp Wilder (1992–1993): She played the role of Sophie Wilder in 19 episodes of the TV series. Her character was one of the main characters on the show.
- New York Crossing (1996): She played an uncredited role in the TV Movie.
- True Women (1997): She played young Euphemia Ashby in the TV Movie.
- Before Women Had Wings (1997): She acted the role of Avocet Abigail 'Bird' Jackson in the TV Movie.
- Merry Christmas, George Bailey (1997): She played the role of Janie Bailey in the TV Movie.
- Alice in Wonderland (1999): She played the title role, Alice, in the TV Movie.
- Without a Trace (2004): She played Serena Barnes in an episode of the TV series titled Lost and Found.
- Veronica Mars (2004–2007): She portrayed Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie on the show.
- Testing Bob (2005): She played Allison Barrett in the TV Movie.
- Big Love (2006–2011) She had a recurring role in this TV series. She played the character, Heather Tuttle in 26 episodes of the series.
- The Deep End (2010): She played the role of Addy Fisher in six episodes of the series.
- In Security (2010): She played the character called The Daughter on the show.
- Castle (2011): She played Reese Harmon in the episode One Life to Lose.
- Bones (2011–2012): She played special agent Genevieve Shaw in the Tv series.
- Napoleon Dynamite(2012): She voiced the character Deb in six episodes of the animated series. The show only ran for one season.
- True Blood (2012): She played Molly in the TV series.
- Grey's Anatomy (2012–2013): She played the role of Dr. Heather Brooks in 22 episodes of the medical drama.
- Legends (2014): She played Maggie Harris in 10 episodes of the TV series.
- Scorpion (2017–2018): Tina Majorino played Florence on the show.
- Into the Dark (2020): She featured in season two, episode eight of the series.
- P!nk: F**kin' Perfect (2011): She acted the role of adult Angel in the music video.
Tina Majorino's awards and nominations
Tina Majorino has been nominated for seven awards so far.
Young Artist Awards
- In 1993, she was nominated for Young Artist Award Outstanding Actress Under Ten in a Television Series for her performance in Camp Wilder.
- In 1995, she received a nomination for Best Performance by an Actress Under Ten in a Motion Picture for her work in Andre.
- In 1998, she was nominated for Best Performance in a TV Movie/Pilot/Mini-Series - Supporting Young Actress for her role in Before Women Had Wings.
Chicago Film Critics Association Awards
In 1995, she was nominated for CFCA Most Promising Actress award for her impressive performance acting in Andre, Corrina, Corrina, and when a Man Loves a Woman.
- In 1998, she was nominated for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Miniseries/Made-for-TV Movie for her role in Before Women Had Wings.
- In 1999, Majorino was nominated for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Mini-Series/Made for TV Film for her performance in Alice in Wonderland.
Teen Choice Awards
- In 2005, she was nominated for Teen Choice Awards Choice Movie Love Scene with her co-star, Jon Heder for their Napoleon and Deb high school dance scene in Napoleon Dynamite.
Is Tina Majorino married? The actress is not married yet. She is in a relationship with a man named Rossi. She disclosed his identity when she shared a photo of him on her Instagram page. Majorino's boyfriend is an athletic man who shares his love for adventure, music, and rifles on his Instagram page.
Tina and Rossi have been together for over a year now. With the long loving message she wrote to him on his birthday, it will not be a surprise if Rossi becomes Tina Majorino husband soon.
How Tina and Rossi met is not known, as the actress does not talk about her personal matters much. Also, details of her past relationships are not available to the public as she rarely talks about her relationships.
What is Tina Majorino worth?
Tina Majorino net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million. The actress's income is majorly from her acting jobs.
Tina Majorino is active on social media. She has 42.6k followers on Instagram, almost 50k people follow her page on Facebook, and she has 16.5K followers on twitter. You can find Tina Majorino hot photos, including photos of her dog, and photos of her activities on her social media pages.
Tina Majorino became a movie star at four years old. She took a break from acting when she was 13 years old. She came back to the industry five years later and has remained in the industry ever since. She has featured in some of the most popular TV shows in the world, including the longest-running medical drama in the U.S, Grey's Anatomy.