The social media went into a frenzy after news of a Nigerian entrepreneur Obinwanne (Invictus Obi) Okeke's arrest by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) emerged.
Okeke, who was accused of engaging in $12m fraud, was arrested by the law enforcement agency after a painstaking investigation.
Legit.ng brings you 9 facts about Okeke.
1. Obinwanne Okeke was born on November 9, 1987 in Ukpor village, Anambra state, as the 17th child of a polygamous father.
2. He was raised by his mother and other relatives before his father's death when he was only 16.
3. Okeke is the founder of Invictus Group.
4. In 2016, the Nigerian entrepreneur was named by Forbes as one of '30 Entrepreneurs Under 30 to Watch'.
5. Okeke holds a bachelors and a master's degrees (MA) in International Relations and Counter Terrorism (with distinction) from Monash University, Australia.
6. While in Australia, Okeke founded Literacy Africa International to raise awareness about literacy problem among children in Africa.
7. In 2017, Okeke was nominated in the Young African Business Leader (West Africa) category for the All Africa Business Leaders Awards ( AABLA).
8. He was listed on Forbes 100 Most Influential Young Africans in 2018.
9. Okeke named his company, Invictus, after one of Nelson Mandela’s favourite poems, written by William Ernest Henley, which talks about the undefeated and unconquerable soul of a hard worker, from an impoverished background.
Legit.ng previously reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the United States has apprehended a Nigerian serial entrepreneur identified as Obinwanne (Invictus Obi) Okeke.
Okeke, who was listed among Forbes 100 Most Influential Young Africans 2018, was arrested by the FBI over $12m fraud.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Can you date, marry a yahoo boy? | Legit TV