Top 10 Bible study topics
Does your life seem difficult at the moment? Do you have problems you need to solve? If yes, you have chosen the right article! We prepared for you the best Bible study topics with the help of which you may find peace and tranquility. So go on reading to find out what you should pay attention to in home Bible studies.
The Bible contains the best advice on how to solve difficult life questions. All you need to do is to study it properly. The value of these pieces of advice has been proven over the centuries. But as times change, problems vary too. Unfortunately, many people think that the Bible contains ascetic and old-fashioned subjects, but today we will prove the opposite. If you want to learn why you can trust the Bible, how to use it most effectively and how practical it is, go on reading!
The best Bible study topics for youth
Here is what the Bible has in store for the youth.
Knowledge is light, and the young generation is the future of humanity. So many things depend on the youth, and they decide if the future will be bright or not. The Bible was created to transfer knowledge to people. With no moral and intellectual education, humanity can’t exist and develop. That is what the Bible says about wisdom and the necessity of education:
- "The Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." - Proverbs 2:6
- "Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel. - Proverbs 20:15
In this life, people experience many painful moments and difficulties. Our friends help us to go through them. The thread of friendship runs through the whole Bible, and Abraham’s friendship with God reminds us of the importance of maintaining harmony in every relationship. We need friends because with them, it is easier for us to go through some situations that we find hard to cope with alone. The opinion that we need to strengthen true and faithful friendship is found in the Sacred Book almost on every page. Fellowship in the Bible represents the feeling of pure love, and therefore, it is so important to appreciate real friends and never betray them because only mates fill the emptiness in our hears in the most challenging situations.
- "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." - John 15:12-15
- "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." - Proverbs 18:24
Relationship with parents
God is a parent to all of us. If you love God, love your parents, and vice versa. Children should understand that parents are just people who do their best to give love and care to the family. However, parents often neglect the importance of forgiveness and understanding. Children learn through inheritance; they get a lot of experience through watching adults. That is why adults must be so careful in all their actions. In a family where spouses respect each other, harmony with children will be noticeable. To fill in this emptiness between generations, one should resort to studying wise and kind Bible verses.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
The way to family unity lies through forgiveness and understanding.
- “Bear with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgive each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.” – Colossians 3:13
READ ALSO: Prayer points for breakthrough with Bible verses
The best Bible study topics for women
This is what the Bible talks about when it comes to femininity and living life as a God-fearing woman.
How the human brain perceives beauty is still a mystery. The Bible does not explain what processes take place in the human mind, but it says where the sense of beauty comes from. The fact is that God endowed us with the same feelings as his. Besides, he created an incredibly complex and beautiful human body with amazing capabilities. Today, however, many people pay too much attention to physical appearance, which is greatly facilitated by the fashion industry and the media. People just confuse the notions of beauty and appearance. Women try to look fashionable, they show their bodies off and compare themselves with other women; they cover their natural peculiarities with tonnes of makeup and strive to look better; they lose a sense of sanity and neglect their real shape created by God. That is what the Bible says about a woman’s beauty:
- "You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Song of Songs 4:7
- "I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God." - Timothy 2:9-10
Marriage and divorce
Marriage and family are sacred institutions in the Bible. The first two people – a man and a woman were created in accordance with God and were supposed to be together as two parts of one whole. At the same time, whatever the reason is, the Lord does not bless the treacherous attitude and betrayal of any of the spouses. Divorce is not justified due to incompatibility, lack of love or differences in career aspirations of the spouses. In the eyes of God, marriage is a great lifelong bond that should not be broken by the action of men.
- "So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' " - Genesis 1:27-28
- "I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery." - Matthew 19:9
A gossip is a person who knows confidential information about people and tells this information to those who have nothing to do with it. Gossip differs from reporting information in its content. The purpose of gossip is self-assertion, the humiliation of others and boasting with the knowledge. Moreover, gossiping ruins human friendship and hurts a lot. The Bible strictly forbids gossiping.
- "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what helps to build others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." - Ephesians 4:29
- "Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it." - James 4:11
The best Bible study topics for all adults
What should all adults gather from the Bible? Find out here.
Today, we often sin with our tongues. The reason: many people do not believe that this is a severe sin and do not pay much attention to it. We are speaking not only about swearing but also about quarrels. In this mad world, conflicts often happen in human life, they cause stress and struggling. Even if the problem seems minor, it is not so. With the help of the tongue, a human soul can be rescued or damaged. Let’s see what the wise book says on account of quarrels.
- “Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.” - Philippians 4:6-8
- "Who devise evil things in their hearts, they continually stir up wars." - Psalm 140:2
- "As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord can make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his mind." - Romans 14:1-23
They say that money rules the world. It is partially true. Of course, the power of money is not unlimited; however, you can buy food, but not appetite; servants, but not loyalty; remedy, but not health; knowledge, but not wisdom; a soft bed, but not a dream. The Bible does not say that people should refrain from prosperity and a comfortable life; it only says that love of money brings too much harm to a human soul. Hunting for richness, we often forget to enjoy life and miss so many important things and love around us. Only a person who does not appreciate money more than real feelings is worth real respect. That is what the Book says about money:
- "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5
- "Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many wealthy people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two tiny copper coins, worth only a few cents. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” - Mark 12:41-44
The Bible talks a lot about laziness. The book of Proverbs is especially filled with wisdom regarding laziness and warnings to an indolent person. In the life of a Christian, there can be no place for idleness because all that makes us perfect demands continuous efforts and endless work. Indeed, laziness is not only unwillingness to work, but also the unwillingness to develop the inner impulses of self-improvement. A lazy person hardly believes in God and he or she has no desire to prove their faith and cope with difficulties and tasks; such a person will never be happy.
- "My Father is always working, and so am I.” - John 5:17
- “A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.” - Proverbs 10:4
Striving for success encourages us to learn and to seek for knowledge. The Bible says a lot about success. Even more than just a lot, the Bible tells us all about success, about its components, all that we should know. In His Word, the Lord shows us the way we need to follow to succeed, to become excellent in everything. All believers must be successful in life; for those who work hard and have a pure heart, success is assured.
- "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4
- "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers." - Psalm 1:1-3
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10
We hope that our best Bible study topics will help you to find the way out of any difficulties. Remember that our faith is all we have, and sometimes when a person faces something bad, the Lord just shows him or her that something has been done wrong. So plunge into further studying of wise quotes and you will find peace and happiness in your heart.
READ ALSO: Prayer points for family with Bible verses