Agbani Darego is one of the most popular Nigerian beauty queens, who won Miss World pageant in 2001. She's also the first African woman to wear the Miss World crown. Read Agbani Darego biography to know many interesting facts about this beautiful and talented woman.
We promise you will love to know the facts we are going to tell you about one of the most beautiful ladies in Nigeria and the world. She is a black diamond of Nigeria and a big proud of the country. Learn the story of one of the most beautiful ladies on the continent below.
Biography of Agbani Darego
The full name of this Nigerian beauty is Agbani Asenite Darego. She was born in Lagos on the 22nd of December, 1982. She is the sixth child among the eight children in her family.
The beauty queen’s family is from Abonnema, Rivers State. Her mother had a fashion store and was also into rice trading. When the girl was 10, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and two years later died.
The path to recognition and glory
Agbani Darego started modelling as s teenager, her first step in modelling was participating in M-Net Face of Africa contest. Being a student, Agbani took part in the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria competition in 2001 and won. This event pawed her way to the title of the most beautiful woman in the world in 2001.
Top facts about Agbani Darego's career path
- Agbani was a model boutique chain 'Collectables.'
- She was the first and only African to win Miss World beauty contest till date and succeeded the famous Indian beauty Priyanka Chopra to win the crown.
- She was a member of the jury in various international beauty competitions: Miss England 2002, Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012, Miss World 2014, etc.
- After winning Miss World, the beauty was invited by Naomi Campbell to attend the Frock 'n' Roll charity show.
- She was the second black model after Vanessa Williams to sign a three-year contract with the beauty brand, L'Oréal.
- She was the first Nigerian model to work with the following world famous brands: Christian Dior, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Marc Bouwer, and many others.
Today, Mrs Danjuma (Darego) has a very tight schedule, but this did not prevent her from being happy in her family life.
Who is Agbani Darego husband?
Ishaya Danjuma is the husband of the famous model. He is the son of Theophilus Danjuma, a Nigerian multimillionaire, politician, and philanthropist. The couple dated for some time and on April 8, 2017, they had a luxurious wedding in Marrakech, Morocco.
READ ALSO: TY Danjuma's wife and children
Agbani Darego baby
In October 2018, the Nigerian beauty queen announced the birth of her baby on Instagram. The couple hid Abgani’s pregnancy and the birth of the baby to the last minutes.
More facts about Agbani Darego
- She studied Computer Science and Mathematics At the University of Port Harcourt.
- In 2012, the model received a degree in Psychology at the University of New York.
- She released her clothing line AD by Agbani Darego in 2013.
- Her height is 1.82 m.
- He zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Hope you enjoyed reading our post and learned something new about the Nigerian beauty who became the first and the only Nigerian lady to win the Miss World crown. She does not like to display personal life on social media, but it is her right to keep her happiness private, and her fans love her for that.
READ ALSO: Agbani Darego's baby and husband