You might be wondering about eating in the dream. What does it mean? Is it a good or bad sign? What if it just means that you need to skip your diet or change a lifestyle? In this article, we are going to discuss different interpretations of eating in the dream including in Christianity and other religions.
What does it mean to be eating in the dream?
While some people dream of food quite often, others would not dream of food at all. As a rule, dreaming of food is directly related to a person’s lifestyle or eating habits. If in conscious life you pay too little attention to the food you eat, eating problems will appear in the unconscious plane. Also, it is known that people who love eating, dream about food more often than those who eat only to maintain their healthy condition.
On the other hand, dreaming of food may have some symbolic meaning. The way we eat in the dream, what we eat, how it looks like reflects our physical and psychological life in certain ways. When looking for an eating in the dream interpretation, give the answers to the following questions:
- Do you need any nourishment, either spiritual or emotional?
- What are you doing in life to feed your soul and imagination?
- How do you ensure you have enough energy to overcome the difficulties in your life?
- Are you in touch with your body and soul?
The process of eating in the dream
The most important thing to determine is the process of eating in the dream. Tasty food is associated with a comfort. The best example is the food your mother prepared to show her care. If you are a dream eater, ask yourself do you like this food? Is it warm and tasty, nourishing and healthy, light and fresh?
If we cannot recall the taste of food in the dream, we can describe its taste in general. Is it bitter or sweet? Was it disgusting or delicious? Then, we need to look for situations and events in our lives that the food might relate to.
Meaning of eating in dreams
- In general, food in dreams symbolizes well-being and prosperity. The amount of food we dream of, its quality might be a sign of the increase in wealth in the future or its decrease if the food is not tasty.
- We can dream of tasty food if life we have been having some situations and problems difficult to solve.
- Dreaming of a banquet can signify general abundance in life, not only in terms of material but emotional comfort. A food on a table might symbolize who our life looks like. If there is a lot of food, life is full of happiness that we are lacking something, both in physical and spiritual meaning. If you dream of the certain product, you might definitely need to include it in your diet. It might be dairy, fibre, meat, vitamin C, etc.
READ ALSO: What is dream and why do we dream?
- If you are dreaming of harmful and poisonous food, this might signify that some views and beliefs you stick to poison your life. It also might be behavior, lifestyle, a relationship you are engaged in, etc. Your subconsciousness is trying to tell you that you need to stop for a moment to consider your emotional life and identify whether it is healthy or not.
- Those who are dieting dream of food more often than those who are sticking to a more or less balanced diet. Dreaming of food when dieting is not an expectable phenomenon as denying something can cause an opposite effect, a strong desire. Similarly, dreaming of food might be a result of starvation.
- If you are dreaming of some food stuck in your throat, your mind is trying to tell you that there might be a situation, belief or view you cannot accept, you might find it “hard to swallow.” You might need to oversleep on it or get a piece of advice from some experienced person.
- Dreaming of exotic foods might mean a lack of exploring new things, for example, hobbies, different cultures, etc. Your subconscious mind is trying to tell you that there are a lot of interesting things around, so you might need to travel somewhere or engage yourself in a new exciting activity, change some lifestyle habits, and so on.
- If you are sharing food in the dream, your mind is possibly giving you a hint that you might start donating your possessions to others or sharing values and ideas you have with others. It concerns both physical and spiritual life. And vice versa, if you are offered food in a dream, your subconsciousness is trying to show you that you need to accept something valuable into your life.
READ ALSO: How to lucid dream?
- Dreams about food in the company of close people, friends, and family members, might signify future success and wealth under the condition that you enjoy having food in the company of these people. If not, such a dream might mean an insignificant loss in the near future. The same meaning has a dream of eating food alone though if you are enjoying the food you are eating alone, such a dream might be a good sign that indicates happiness and good times in the future.
- When talking about tasty or tasteless food in a dream, these dreams are related to health. Tasty food in the dream indicates a lack of health problems while tasteless food might mean experiencing illnesses or diseases. Dreaming about eating rotten food might be really a bad sign that indicates a financial loss in the near future. The difficulties indicated by rotten food might lead to bankruptcy if not overcome in time.
- Some dreams are all about the amounts of food consumed. The large chunks of food in the dream might signify the possible losses caused by a lack of responsibility in performing your daily tasks or duties. The large amounts of food might indicate an untamed sexual desire. If you are not able to control your desire consciously, your subconsciousness might remind you about the problems you have and even specify the ways of solving them. Various foods on the table dreamed about mean having a lot of guests in the near future.
- Dreaming about food cooked by yourself has its own meaning which is related to social life. If you were cooking food for someone or yourself, it might be a warning that you would experience a conflict or encounter. Though, if you enjoyed cooking food when dreaming, such a dream might be a good sign indicating being complimented for a job well done. Cooking a variety of dishes signifies engagement in the pleasant activity, being busy or visited by old friends you haven’t seen for ages.
Eating in dreams, spiritual meaning
From the spiritual point of view, eating food in the dream does not signify any spiritual attack, at least, the Bible does not say that eating in the dream is wrong.
In Mark 16:18, the Bible says that even Christians who truly believe in God drink deadly poison, it cannot harm them:
“They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well”.
When Peter was dreaming of food, he was extremely hungry. That’s why God used food to give him a revelation. Bible does not judge people who dream of food. The reason for it might consist in being hungry. If the person goes to bed with an empty stomach, the feeling of hunger in the dream might be unavoidable.
READ ALSO: Best lunch food items for weight loss
Eating in dream, Islamic interpretation
Islam gives its own interpretation of eating in the dream meaning of which might slightly differ from the Christian interpretation. Here are a few explanations of the typical dreams of food.
Dreaming of a dining table with a lot of food might mean blessing, financial success, and victory over the enemies. If you are dreaming of clearing the table, it might signify cessation of comfortable life. In general, the table symbolizes one’s sustainable life which depends on many people interacting with each other to achieve the common goal and success.
Dreaming of the opponents sitting on one table might mean conflict or war. As you can see, the dining table in the dream represents not only family relationships but social connections. Sharing the meal in the dreams might mean making new friends and acquaintances.
Dreaming of the table with a lot of tasty foods might mean love between friends and family. Subsequently, little food on the dining table denotes a lack of love between the family members, close relatives, and friends.
According to Islam, a good appetite in the dream signifies having a long life in the future.
Dreaming is a way our bodies communicate with the mind and soul. This way subconsciousness protects and cares for us. Dreaming of food might have different meanings depending on the situation and the details of the dream.
If you dream of food, you might need to pay more attention to your diet and lifestyle. Dreams can also tell us a lot about our lives.
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!