CAC portal | registration, login, name search
Are you looking to register a business in Nigeria? Well, the CAC portal has got you covered. The process is easy and straightforward. Start by logging into the official CAC website to proceed.
Are you looking to run a business without interruptions? If so, then you need to get it right with the government. What this means is that you must fulfill all the requirements, starting with registration. Fortunately, the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is here to help.
CAC portal - all the services you need
To get any service from the Corporate Affairs Commission, it is important to log in to their website. You can then either register your company, search for a company name, or even register incorporated trustees with ease.
Signing up and logging in
Before accessing the services on the CAC portal, you must first sign up. To sign up, you must supply your personal details including your name, addresses, date of birth, gender, nationality, email, phone number and user name. These you fill in a form that must be completed before you hit the register button. If you already signed up, then you need to log in to proceed with the services you may need. Simply:
- Click on 'create account' on the home page of the portal.
- Then, complete the forms displayed. You should note that there is the option of accredited users.
- If you are one, then on the CAC accreditation portal, select ‘’Are you an accredited customer?’’ and then enter your accreditation number in a specific format. This will be NBA/IND/12345 for an individual or alternatively ICAN/IND/12345 or ICSAN/IND/12345. In case it is for a firm, then enter it as NBA/FM/12345, or ICAN/FM/12345, or ICSAN/FM/12345.
- All accredited users should enter the e-mail address they used at the accreditation.
- Then enter the recaptcha as displayed in the box to prove you are not a robot.
- Then finish by clicking on submit.
General users should watch out for a display by the system where they will get the pre-entered ‘’User name’’ and be required to put the auto-generated ‘’Password’’ as soon as it comes up. On the other hand, accredited users get their username and password sent to them by mail once the back office approves them.
To access the account once created:
- You need to enter your username and password.
- Click on login
- Change the password
- Once this is done, it is possible to enjoy uninterrupted service with the commission.
Once you are logged into the CAC portal, you can then explore the different services offered. Top among these are the different registration services. You can get three different forms of registration through the CAC registration portal. These are:
- Registration of companies
- Registration of business name
- Registration of incorporated trustees
Registration of company
When you click on the website, you will realize that several options come up. You can either register a private or public company, or register a company that is limited by guarantee, not to mention the different forms of re-registration available. Here we shall look at the two forms of company registrations.
Registering a private or public company
- First, you need to check if the company name suggested is available.
- Next, you must complete the pre-registration form – CAC1.1
- You then need to pay stamping and filing duties. These first three steps can be done at the CAC company registration portal. Make sure you can access the CAC login portal with ease.
- You need to prepare the necessary documents for upload. Make sure that they are signed and scanned. They include:
- Form CAC1.1
- Recognized form of identification for director(s)/subscriber(s) and secretary
- Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
- Payment evidence
5. You should then upload the documents so that they can be processed.
6. You should then proceed to the CAC office where you will then submit the original versions of the uploaded documents above in exchange for the certified true documents copies as well as the certificate.
Registering a company limited by guarantee
- Start by making confirmations of the name's availability
- Reserve the name that was chosen
- Using the company registration portal, fill in form CAC1.1
- Make appropriate payments of the stamp duty fee to Federal Board of Inland Revenue Service
- Pay the filing fee, which should be made to the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Scan and save it in a PDF format with the duly completed Form CAC1.1 attached together with the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMART), as well as a recognized form of identification for director(s)/subscriber(s) and secretary.
- Upload the scanned documents for processing. Use the provided CAC document upload portal.
- The commission is then mandated to get the approval of the Attorney General of the Federation before it goes ahead with the registration of the company limited by guarantee.
How do I check if a company is registered with CAC?
The CAC portal Nigeria is the solution that the commission has come up with to minimize the risk of unregistered companies transacting without legitimate status. The public search portal comes in handy when one needs to confirm that their business is registered. Before the innovation that made everything go online, confirmation would involve the rigorous process of going to the physical offices and going through all records to find yours. Fortunately, the portal makes things easier. All you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- Go to the official website of the commission
- Next, you need to click on the public search engine
- You will get a prompt that directs you to the search record by name where you then enter the name of the company
- You need to prove that you are not a robot by clicking on the search engine and then verify that you are not a robot
- A result comes up giving details of the RC number, the company name, the registered address as well as the date of registration
- In case the company is in the process of undergoing registration, the results will come out detailing the current company status.
Consider using CAC portal for all your business registration needs in Nigeria. You do not have to make that trip to the offices when all you need can be found online.