What do you know about the usage of almond oil for skin whitening? There is a large number of lightening products in the market, but they contain plenty of chemicals, and one might not be entirely sure about the final effect. Are there any alternatives that do indeed work? Try almond oil to see a fantastic result!
You need to know this about almond oil
Almond oil is obtained from the seeds of sweet almond (Prunus dulcis var. Dulcis) and also from the bitter almond (Prunus dulcis var. Amara). The bitter almond oil contains the glycoside amygdalin, from which toxic hydrocyanic acid forms. Such oil is not suitable for consumption.
After removing the hydrocyanic acid, people use it in the production of perfume, cosmetics, in soap production and as a food additive. The sweet almond oil is an oil of the highest quality, used for cooking. Sweet almond oil is effectively used for beauty and skin care products and in the fields of medicine as well.
What are the benefits of almond oil for skin?
Almond oil is one of the most beneficial oils for skin. Here are the main benefits of this oil:
- it smoothes rough skin, relieves itching;
- removes unnecessary superficial flaws;
- protects against wrinkles appearance;
- makes the skin radiant and healthy;
- helps to get rid of dark spots, bacterial or viral rash, acne scars and freckles (if you use it for skin bleaching);
- protects the skin from UV damage and harmful influence;
- removes tan;
- helps to cure cracked feet;
- may be used instead of a lip balm
- used for aromatherapy and massages.
READ ALSO: Camwood for skin lightening: how to use?
Almond oil for skin lightening
What to do if you want to make your skin color lighter for just a bit and have got no wish to apply chemicals with potential side effects on your skin?
You should search for natural skin lightening products, which consist of natural ingredients only. Almond oil is a perfect solution! It will not only lighten your skin color but also take care of it: smooth skin complexion, nourish, and moisturize.
READ ALSO: Two simple ways to make almond oil at home
How to use almond oil for skin whitening
Almond seeds can be used for home beauty treatments as they are (the form of grains) or in the liquid state (as an oil).
You can use 100% skin lightening oil or combine it with other natural ingredients to obtain excellent, easy-to-use, and very economical solutions for the healthy and good-looking skin. You can add it to skin lightening gels, creams and scrubs to whiten and cleanse the skin, remove stains and get rid of dead skin cells. In comparison with coconut oil (which tends to clog pores of most people), almond oil is non-camedogenic.
Almond oil for skin whitening: tips for better results
- Don’t use it cold! Take some almond oil. Warm it up a bit on a water bath. What does it mean? Take a steel bowl, pour some water in it and put on the fire. Take a smaller bowl or a plate and put it above, so that its bottom can touch the water. Pour some almond butter into it and leave to heat. Remove it after some time.
- Clear your face before applying the oil.
- Use massage for both face and neck. Keep on doing it for 10 or 15 minutes.
- To remove the excess almond oil, use a tissue. Gently press it over your face.
- To avoid dark circles in the area under your eyes, take a small sponge, pour some drops of oil onto it. Then wipe your face with it. Repeat the action every morning to see results.
- Apply some oil onto your face in the morning before going out. Its UV filters will help your skin stay healthy, avoid dryness, and extra-tan as well.
Here are the recipes your skin will definitely appreciate!
Recipe # 1. ”Honey and almonds for skin relief”
Honey is well-known as a softening product, which is full of vitamins and useful minerals with antibacterial characteristics. It is one of the essential ingredients for the anti-fat skin mask. Its properties allow people to cope with the treatment of acne and make the skin clear.
What are the ingredients for this mask?
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil (5 g);
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml);
- 1 teaspoon of milk powder (5 g);
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g).
- Take a plastic container.
- Put all the ingredients in it.
- Mix them all till you get a smooth paste.
- Clear your face with a favorite tonic or other product.
- Carefully apply the mask on face skin.
- Wait 25 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
To reach better results use this mask two or three times a week.
READ ALSO: Benefits of honey on skin and hair
Recipe #2. "Milk and almond oil"
Milk is rich in calcium, which acts as a skin tone regulator. It stimulates melanocytes – a special kind of cells, which are in charge of melanin production.
The mask features moisturizing properties and will be useful for dry skin.
What should you take to make it?
- 4 almonds;
- 1 spoonful of milk (10 ml).
- Take a bowl. Pour some water into it. Put almonds and leave them to soak for one night.
- The next day, grind the seeds into a fine powder.
- Take a bowl. Put the received powder in it. Add a spoonful of milk. Mix the ingredients until a creamy consistency.
- Clear the face skin and a neck with a tonic or any other product.
- Apply the mask on a face and neck. Let it work for some time (you can also apply it before going to bed).
- Take off the mask with lukewarm water.
This mask will make your skin whiter. To reach the best effect, start using it every day for two weeks. Later use it only two times a week.
READ ALSO: How to make Egyptian milk?
Recipe #3. "Lemon and almond oil"
Women often use lemon for skin whitening. It is thought to be a traditional method. The lemon, however, can be very irritating and sour. To avoid itchy effect, use it with a few teaspoons of almond oil.
READ ALSO: Top 10 lemon hacks you need to know
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (10 ml);
- 10 drops of almond oil.
- Take a bowl. Mix all the ingredients.
- Clear skin with tonic.
- Apply this mask onto your face (you can also apply it onto skin in the area under the eyes to eliminate dark rings).
- Leave the mass for a night or a few hours.
- Clear the mask off with lukewarm water.
- Do not forget to apply moisturizer to your face after the treatment.
Recipe #4. "Sugar and almond oil"
Sugar belongs to those ingredients, which can hydrate and moisturize human skin. It does a great deal when you mix it with almond oil.
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Take a bowl.
- Put the ingredients into the bowl and mix them.
- Allow sugar to get dissolved in the oil properly.
- The mass, these two ingredients create, can be used for scrubbing.
- Apply it onto your skin and do a slight massage. Do not do harsh scrubbing!
- Keep on doing the massage for 15 minutes. Then wash the scrub off your body.
Recipe #5. "Vitamin E and almond oil"
Vitamin E helps to slow down the aging process. Thanks to the antioxidant properties, this vitamin copes with small wrinkles easily and whites skin!
- 3 capsules of vitamin E;
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil.
- Take a small bowl.
- Crash capsules in it.
- Add almond oil.
- Mix the ingredients until desired consistency.
- Apply the mixture onto your skin.
- Make a slight massage for 15 minutes.
After the massage, use lukewarm water to wash your face and then use cold water. Keep on doing this beauty treatment once a week, and soon you will see your skin to get whitened.
READ ALSO: Vitamin E and fertility issues
Thanks to a great variety of vitamins, almond oil helps to cater skin with all necessary elements for staying pure and radiant. This organic product may be used daily without the fear to cause any harm and is an excellent alternative to market cosmetics, full of chemicals.
Find the most suitable way to use almond oil for your skin and enjoy the results!