Few days ago, Nigerian Afro-pop star David Adeleke, aka Davido, announced that the N200 million he got from his friends and fans in an unprecedented social media fundraiser will be donated to orphanages across Nigeria.
He noted that he will add N50 million to the money to be donated to the orphanages, making it N250 million.
Davido afterwards announced a five-member committee to oversee the distribution of the donated funds to beneficiaries.
According to him, only government accredited orphanage homes are qualified for the donation.
PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!
Application for the donated funds started on Monday, November 29 and will end on Thursday, December 2.
Davido's N250m orphanage fund: How to apply
- Operators of eligible orphanage homes are to follow the link below: https://linktr.ee/davidoorphanagedonations
- After opening the link, click on ‘orphanage registration link’ option to continue the process
- A welcome message will follow after which you’re expected to click the ‘continue’ option to read the guidelines for filling the form
- After agreeing with the listed rules, you can proceed to fill the form and then submit it afterwards
- The registration is expected to be done by a top official or founder of the orphanage home on behalf of the facility such person is representing
- Applicants are advised to fill out every field as clearly and as detailed as possible.
- You are also expected to attach documents that can support your request.
- All information entered will be verified, inconsistent or false information will lead to automatic disqualification
- The disbursing committee may conduct search and physical inspection unannounced
- Applicants who need clarifications can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davido: May your generations never lack, Lagos deputy governor prays for singer
On his official Facebook page, Hamzat stated that Davido and his generation will never lack because that is the portion of givers.
He cited scriptures from the Bible and Quran in his heart-felt prayer for the young singer.