Anxiety As FG Set to Sack Incompetent Civil Servants, Gives Reasons

Anxiety As FG Set to Sack Incompetent Civil Servants, Gives Reasons

- The federal government has hinted at a plan to rid the civil service of incompetent hands

- Folasade Yemi-Esan, the HoS of the federation, made this known on Thursday, April 29

- The HoS noted that recruitment into the civil service would be based on competence

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Folasade Yemi-Esan, the Head of the Civil Service (HoS) of the federation, has said that a strict system has been put in place to attract and bring qualified persons into the civil service.

Vanguard reports that Yemi-Esan said this at the April edition of the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR)’s lunch-time reform seminar on Thursday, April 29, in Abuja.

Anxiety As FG Set to Sack Incompetent Civil Servants, Gives Reasons
The Head of Service of the federation, Folasade Yemi-Esan, said the service would be rid of incompetent hands. Credit: Femi Adesina.
Source: Facebook

She stated that the system needed to be purged of incompetent hands.

Yemi-Esan was represented by the permanent secretary, service policies and strategies office, Emmanuel Meribole.

According to her, the civil service was no longer a welfare institution where all manners of people were recruited to check the unemployment crisis in the country.

Read also

Why Nigeria can't progress - Northern APC governor reveals

The HoS noted that the civil service was consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), adding that it would address economic, social, and environmental sustainability issues.

The director-general, BPSR, Dasuki Arabi, argued that the public service, post-COVID-19, needed to support the implementation and adoption of the federal government’s e-government master-plan.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Nasir El-Rufai disengaged 4000 workers across the 23 local government areas of Kaduna state.

It was reported that those sacked received their disengagement letters on Tuesday, April 6.

Comrade Ayuba Wabba, president of the Nigeria Labour Congress, described the action as arbitrary and cruel, even as he called on the Kaduna state government to reverse the mass sack.

In a related report, some workers at the Jema’a local government area secretariat in Kafanchan in Kaduna state on Wednesday, April 7, were in a sad mood.

Read also

Tension as security beefed up at National Assembly over possible terrorist attack

This was after no fewer than 82 staff of the council received letters of disengagement from the Kaduna state government.

The report said that the disengagement followed weeks of speculations that the state government was planning to downsize its workforce across its 23 local government areas.

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel