The story of the resilient bear and his best friend Piglet became popular immediately after its creation. Probably everyone has heard of Winnie the Pooh, and given the bear's wisdom and the entertainment offered by the cartoon, it is no wonder why. There are many deep, funny and interesting Winnie the Pooh quotes that you should learn.
You can learn wisdom from this bear because kindness has never harmed anyone.
Best Winnie the Pooh quotes
The image of this charming bear is the brainchild of Alan Alexander Milne, inspired by the cute games of his son and his plush friends. Although the Pooh is sometimes viewed as a sluggish and overly quiet character, his unpretentious naturalness is a good example of a wise outlook on life, not losing relevance over the years. The following Winnie the Pooh quotes will help you to awaken your inner child.
- “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams we can be together all the time.”
- “You find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
- “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?””
- “But it isn’t easy,” said Pooh. “Because Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.”
- “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
- “Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
READ ALSO: 25 best Alice in Wonderland quotes
- “It is always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don't.”
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- ”Spelling isn’t everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn’t count.”
- “If you live to be a 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
- “You're braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
- “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more...to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”
- “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”
- “But, of course, it isn’t really Good-bye, because the Forest will always be there…and anybody who is Friendly with Bears can find it.”
- “Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.”
- “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like What about lunch?”
Winnie the Pooh quotes will help you to awaken the warmest and kind emotions even for the person who has forgotten what happy childhood means. Save these statements and read them each time you are in a bad mood.
READ ALSO: Top 35 famous Disney quotes to live by