Today, many people are really conscious of what they take into their bodies. They want to understand the value of a particular substance to determine whether it is beneficial or not. Considering this assertion, there has been an increase in the use of herbs for medicinal purposes. One of such herbs is cloves , which are being consumed by men globally because of the myriad benefits. So, what are clove benefits for men?
Unusual-looking clove buds are famous. Their popularity stems from their burning taste, spicy aroma, and healing effects. The spice has long been used in traditional medicine recipes for the prevention and even treatment of certain diseases.
What are cloves?
They are spice made from the flower buds of an evergreen clove tree (Syzygium aromaticum). The flower buds are harvested in their immature state and then dried. Whole cloves are shaped like a small, reddish-brown spike, usually around a centimeter in length, with a bulbous top. They can be used whole or ground, and they have a powerful, pungent flavour and aroma.
Clove benefits for men
In Asian countries, men regularly use clove to increase male power, prevent premature ejaculation, and enhances sperm motility. It is enough to use it in small quantities because clove is quite concentrated and strong.
These herbs are even better when combine with cinnamon. So, it is advisable to take them together. Add a pinch in a smoothie, coffee, or tea.
Just one bud, and what a variety of nutrients! The chemical composition of cloves is substantial. Its beneficial properties are explained by the high content of vitamins, minerals, and essential oil.
Here are the vitamins in the buds of this herb:
- Provitamin A (Beta-Carotene)
- Vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3 or PP, B4, B6, B9)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K (Phylloquinone)
As for the content of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, it has proteins 6%, lipids 20%, and carbohydrates about 27%. Approximately 30% of the spice is fibre.
- Anthelmintic (anthelmintic)
- Antifungal (fungicidal)
- Pain medication
- Wound healing
- Carminative (with flatulence)
Here are fantastic clove benefits that you should know.
1. It is good for intimate life
The herb prevent quick ejaculation, and thus both partners enjoy intimacy. The spice acts as an aphrodisiac for both men and women. It also has essential oil, which fights against impotence.
2. It refreshes one's breath
Forget about oral sprays and chewing gums. Just chew a piece of dry clove in your mouth. According to one legend, in ancient China, a person must hold a clove in his mouth before talking with the emperor.
3. It strengthens one's teeth
For the prevention of caries and bleeding, do not forget to use the spice regularly. It prevents the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria and reduces inflammation. Clove reduces pain, both a headache and toothache. The clove’s composition has several acids and essential oils that work on the same principle as aspirin. In addition to the painkiller, the spice has an antiseptic effect.
4. It helps to get rid of tobacco addiction
Are you having a hard time trying to quit cigarette? Chew a clove whenever you get the desire. It will distract the brain and reduce your craving. It will reduce the desire to smoke and distract your brain.
5. It cleans the lungs
Studies have shown that spice also helps reduce inflammation and clear the lungs. Doctors recommend adding it to the diet for those who suffer from pneumonia, cough for colds, and coughing because of cigarettes.
6. It contains valuable antioxidants
The spice rejuvenates the body. Due to the presence of aromatic component eugenol and the flavonoid kumatakenin, it effectively fights the growth of cancer cells. These active components prevent the proliferation of cancer-causing cells by inducing cell death.
The herb also recovers muscles after exertion. Since it has anti-inflammatory properties, the spice perfectly heals with muscle pain and reduces lactic acid in the tissues.
7. It prevents obesity and diabetes
The herb stimulates metabolism, thereby ultimately helping in losing weight. Its anti-cholesteric and anti-lipid properties help in reducing cholesterol and plasma glucose levels.
Apart from its antiseptic properties, it also offers digestive benefits. It not only keeps your blood sugar levels in check but promotes insulin production, further controlling diabetes. This has to be the best cloves benefits for men, especially for middle-aged men.
8. Improved liver function
They may also promote better liver function. Apart from fighting cancer cells, eugenol can help reduce signs of liver cirrhosis and fatty liver disease. It may also improve general liver functions.
Other unique benefits of cloves
Apart from the above, there are also other benefits you stand to gain from the use of this particular herb. Below are the rarely-talked-about advantages of consuming the herb.
- During hypotension, you can also chew a few buds of the herb. The effect is no less than caused by caffeine.
- A fragrant clove suppresses the tubercle bacillus reproduction. Take it effectively to prevent flu.
- When eating this herb with food, it stimulates the production of digestive juices. The clove is useful for gastritis with low acidity and reduced appetite. But with increased acidity and gastric ulcer, its use is contraindicated.
- It is also used in the treatment of inflammation in the large intestine (colitis), intestinal colic, flatulence (carminative action), and diseases of the rectum and liver.
- Fifteen buds of the herb when carefully chewed 15 minutes before a meal with one teaspoon of honey are good for digestion stimulating. However, it is contraindicated to men with gastric and duodenal ulcers as well as high blood pressure.
- Its oil is effective in the treatment of pustules and boils. Put one drop of concentrated essential oil on a boil. In case of problem skin, take the baths with its essential oil.
- Its oil is widely used for arthritis and arthrosis. It helps relieve pain and inflammation. Massage a joint with diluted its essential oil (15 tablespoons of essential clove oil for one tablespoon of massage oil).
What happens if we eat cloves daily?
Consuming too many cloves can lead to fluid imbalances and liver damage. They are most effective when included as part of a balanced diet. Therefore, try integrating a few servings of the herb per week into your meals.
There you have it. These are some of clove benefits for men. The easiest way to use it is to add it to a cup of coffee or tea. Besides, if there is no time for cooking, hold the dried herb in your mouth for 5-10 minutes.
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional help or advice and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action taken upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- 8 Surprising benefits of cloves (2020, healthline.com)
- Brilliant benefits of cloves for men (2021, 24mantra.com)
- What happens to your body if you start eating 2 cloves a day (2020, brightside.me)
- How to use the benefits of cloves and to up your spice game (2019, wellandgood.com)
It is popular worldwide because of its myriad cosmetic and medicinal values. Its antibacterial qualities are probably the reason why it is effective.